HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Listen, Watch, Learn (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/255095-listen-watch-learn.html)

Germ 07-29-2008 05:59 PM

Listen, Watch, Learn

Three things I did this weekend when I watch Rob and buckeye shoot.

Rob and buckeye both notice I tend to shoot while moving sometimes. Rob madea comment about trusting your float. This really sank in, I just shot 12 best arrows I have in a long time form wise. I floated over my aiming point.

Rob notice I was coming out of my shot, I feel this was because my fobs push my anchor out. I was not "in" the shot.

Blazers are on and it feels great.

Buckeye and Rob gave some great tips this weekend:)

Listen Watch Learn

Brknarrow1970 07-29-2008 06:03 PM

RE: Listen, Watch, Learn

but was it a spoon free weekend and those guys are a bucket of info

buckeye 07-29-2008 06:35 PM

Actually I think it was me who said to trust your float... And I stolethe quotefrom Rick James :D;)

Rob/PA Bowyer 07-29-2008 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Actually I think it was me who said to trust your float... And I stolethe quotefrom Rick James :D;)
Yes it was, around the bon fire I mentioned to Germ you need to float and buckeye said, "And trust your float". Excellent advice. We both commented that you will never get the job done just doing a drive by. (trying to jerk the shot when passing over the target).

MGH_PA 07-29-2008 06:38 PM

Yep, sure is nice to get a second or third point of view on your shooting style. Rob and his friend Nate helped me quite a bit. I'm still battling the mental aspect (particularly pin float), but it's getting better. Great minds on this site for sure.

Germ 07-29-2008 06:44 PM

I was drained at that point, well I listen kind off:D

Germ 07-29-2008 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Yes it was, around the bon fire I mentioned to Germ you need to float and buckeye said, "And trust your float". Excellent advice. We both commented that you will never get the job done just doing a drive by. (trying to jerk the shot when passing over the target).
It was the trust your float that sunk in.

Rob/PA Bowyer 07-29-2008 07:08 PM

Well Germ, that was the most important part.;)

GMMAT 07-29-2008 07:11 PM

Yeah.....and hunt the wind!

(j/k):eek:[8D]

Germ 07-29-2008 07:12 PM

Well I used to use the word settle, but it think now it was a big part of my issue. I tried to hold pin "stready", I think that is why I shoot so much better from further out. I did'nt try to "hold" the pin on the target.