Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOWTECH GENERAL

Old 07-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOWTECH GENERAL

I shot them Last night at a local proshop...

Shot the GENERAL, GAURDIAN, and TRIBUTE....

All in all the Tribute shot the Best smooth..smooth and FAST the Genreal like all of you guys are saying did have a weird draw cycle....compared to the ROSS its BADDDD.. but once you got it back it had a solid back wall and the shot was silky smooth...But the tribute was the best all around ill keep on researching but the tribute is looking mighty NICE..

Thanks for all the imput guys (ANY TRIBUTE SHOOTERS)

BH818
Old 07-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

The General has Speed mods and Smooth mods available.

The Smooth Mods are very Smooth. I hunted Turkeys this spring with my General and it was a breeze to draw in any position.

Dan
Old 07-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Dominant Buck

the Genreal like all of you guys are saying did have a weird draw cycle....
I'm assuming you shot it in the "Big Boy" poundage....lol.

That's the only one I've ever shot (Rob's). I'm assuming it would pull differently at 60#s, though.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

YES i did SHOOT BIG BOY poundage...im out of diapers i dont shot the 50-60# bows...sorry it was set at 68# and once you got it over the hump it was fine, i guess the binary cams feel a little differnt...

BH818
Old 07-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTER818

YES i did SHOOT BIG BOY poundage...im out of diapers i dont shot the 50-60# bows...sorry it was set at 68# and once you got it over the hump it was fine, i guess the binary cams feel a little differnt...

BH818
I've shot both 60# and 70# I really wouldn't call 70# Big Boy poundageNow 80# and you are getting close to Big Boy poundage. I hunted with 90# a few years and 80# for several years.

I normally don't notice a lot of difference between the Speed mods and Smooth mods on the BowTechs, but with the General it does make a lot of difference in the feel of it.

If you are having trouble with the poundage, and/or draw try the smooth mods.

Dan
Old 07-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

I have shot alot of bows in my days and you are asking what people prefer. I have been shooting my General at 59 pounds and love the way my G5 Striker broadheads fly. To be more accurate, my broadheads fly just like my field tips. The recoil of the bow is the lowest on the market and the noise is second to none. The only drawback for those who do some back country hunting, would be the weight..but for 1/2 pound less, I wouldn't give up all the benefits.

Read this article below...you may find it helpful..guess what the Editors Choice was ???

http://www.outdoorlife.com/article_gallery/Bow-Test-2008