Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOWTECH GENERAL

Old 07-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default BOWTECH GENERAL

Was looking into tradeing in my ROSS 331 for a new 08 Gnrl...what do you guys think of this bow and similar bows

PROS and CONS

let me know what you guys think
(i know man law says shoot the bows to find which fits you best) i will want to know opinions first

Thanks

BH818
Old 07-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BOWTECH GENERAL

I love the General. It is the absolute quietest, least recoil, most shock free, forgivingand fun to shoot bow I have ever owned. It is not however a speed freak, so if that's your interest, you'll want something else.

I think you really have to shoot this bow side-by-side with other top models to appreciate it, IMHO. Good luck finding what you want.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: formula1

I love the General. It is the absolute quietest, least recoil, most shock free, forgivingand fun to shoot bow I have ever owned. It is not however a speed freak, so if that's your interest, you'll want something else.

I think you really have to shoot this bow side-by-side with other top models to appreciate it, IMHO. Good luck finding what you want.
All that above X2[&:][8D]
Old 07-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

This isn't the popular vote but you asked for opinions so here's mine. There's nothing wrong with the 331 and I would not trade it for a General even it was a straight up trade.I hated the draw cycle of the General.311 fps from a 8 1/4" brace height doesn't come without a price.However if judge a bow based off of being shock-free then the General would be suited for you.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

I hated the draw cycle of the General.
I'll agree with you on that one. The General was the smoothest shooting bow I have ever shot, but the draw cycle is horrendous. I can draw a 70 pound bow no problem, but I couldn't even begin to get the General back at 70. It was still a struggle for me at 60 pounds....[&o] I also shot the Guardian and it was much better.

But like I said, I LOVED the way the General shot....It was oh so smooottttthhhhh........
Old 07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

The General is a very Sweet Bow. I do prefer the extra A to A of the Guardian, but that is personal preference.

Dan
Old 07-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

To me there is nothing difficult about the draw cycle. I can shoot the 60 lb I have by simply pulling slowly straight back. It's so easy. I tested with a 70 lb. and had no issue either.

So I guess in summary I just simply can't relate to draw cycle complaints!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

I love the General - in an archery-type way. I thought the draw was a bit harsh and had a rock-solid back wall (a bit too solid for my taste). The zero shock was selling me. I was about to purchase it but I couldn't get the draw length that I needed. Even though I was bummed about that Ikept lookingand foundthe Hoyt Seven-37 was a perfect fit for me. Smoother draw, good valley, 32.5 inch draw, and a great feel for the shot.
So not knowing what your draw length is, just make sure the General fits before you buy it.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I loved it, thought of buying one and I'm a Mathews shooter.. lol
Brace could be a tad shorter and speed a tad higher but I'm by no means a speed freak. Downside for me was
the fact it's tough to get a kisser button on becasue of the string supressor.. I asked a rep from bowtech about it
and he said to wait till 09 and I would really like what they had.. I guess I will...
Old 07-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Dominant Buck

The general would be about 5th or so on my list of Bowtechs to hunt with.

Reason for that ranking?????

Harsh Draw Cycle in relation to speed return. Don't mind the cycle.......if I'm getting something for it. I don't feel like you do, with this bow.

Quick Reply: BOWTECH GENERAL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.