Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Found a Bargain at Gander, takers? >

Found a Bargain at Gander, takers?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Found a Bargain at Gander, takers?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Found a Bargain at Gander, takers?

So as a was perusing the isles of gander mountain after work today, I took notice to a lot of different things.

1. Apparently no one works there.
2. They have more magical deer attractant with celebs on the bags/bottles/buckets than I have hairs on my head.
3. I might have met my future wife...blonde, and smokin' hot...but that dude she was with was about 3x my size and they way they were holding hands...I'm not convinced they are brother and sister...this isn't the state of....well nvm
4. I helped the new guy getting into bowhunting more than the "archery tech" did, he told me that...It made me feel all warm and fuzzy and stuff.
5. Broadheads cost a lot of money
But as I glanced at every broadhead on the shelf, I noticed at the bottom a cheap price tag...three packs of Rocky MTN snyper 125 grain heads...now for the kicker...10$/pacK?

I've heard pretty good things about these heads...so what was the deal with that? Did somehting go down I didn't hear of? Recall? Or IDK..? From what I can gather, they are maybe an "older" style snyper?

If you shoot 125 gr Synpers, or any 125 grain heads I can pick them up for you tomorrow if anyone is interested. I think the exact amount was like 9.87 or something.

Let me Know, I'll see if they are still there.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Found a Bargain at Gander, takers?

Might be a price mistake, That has happened to me at Gander Mountain more than any other store it seems.

- I was buying what i thought a good pair of $140 bino's and had to buy the display so he knocked 10% off. When I got to the front check-out they rang up 49.99 and i told her about everything, and she said, Im not worried about it and gave me the 10% discount on the 49.99.lol

- My ground max eclipse (that I had to return) was 99.99 on the shelf, check-out rang up like 120 something. I told her what the price on the shelf was... no questions asked she gave it to me for 99.99.

-I was looking for a El-cheapo stabilizer for my Girlfriends bow. I found a Tru-Glo Nulifier on sale for 9.99. Check-out rang up $30!! I had to work on that one a little bit. I told her The red price tag said 9.99. I had to go get the archery guy to check it out himself andvouch for me and they ripped up the sale tag.

Im betting thats what has happened in your case.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:52 PM

You'd be suprised...

Post Falls, Idaho Cabelas just downsized their archery department... 90% of the inventory was marked down by as much as 75%.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's happened to me too. I got my extreme 1000 sight .019 pins, dovetail..the works for $20.32 (a 107$ sight) I guess our gander works the other way[8D]

I'm hard pressed to believe this is the case, but you could be right.

The thing is...there were two "racks". One sold out, and one had three left on it..both with the same price tags. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

I will stop by tomorrow, see if they are priced right, and if they are...I'll pick them up and if anyone is interested you can PM me
Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 PM

Sticker price is sticker price.

If the store is worth their salt, they'll sell it to you regardless. The employees will get hell for it, but they'll sell it.

We get chewed out if we don't stay on top of price changes. [&:]
Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got my extreme 1000 sight .019 pins, dovetail..the works for $20.32 (a 107$ sight) I guess our gander works the other way[8D]
Want your money back on that???
Old 07-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

If the store is worth their salt
They aren't...but they are only 20 miles away[8D]

Dan shootin' a bear in MN with a 125 grain Snyper...I could see it
Old 07-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

I got my extreme 1000 sight .019 pins, dovetail..the works for $20.32 (a 107$ sight) I guess our gander works the other way[8D]
Want your money back on that???
Meh. I think I'll cut my losses and move on