Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards >

Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards

Old 07-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards

For example,according to my balistics program,I would need to shoot a shot with a horizontal range of 21.2 yardsand a slant range of 30 yards for 20.9 yards.

So,in normal hunting conditions,all we are concerned with is the distance from the tree.

The 2 yard shot will have to be practiced from a tree to know where you will hit.

I personally will not take this shot,so I don't practice it but I did shoot it once from the top of a camper and I shot dead center with my 20 yard pin. But this was some time ago.Don't know where I would hit now.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Brett:

I don't what to tell you. No. 1 has no mention of elevation.....and I even repeated that in the thread. If you wanna discount that then AND now....then I don't know what to tell you. You can make up your own scenarios, I guess.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

But Jeff you attacked my original post in this thread the same as you did my posts in your thread. And this post was set up with elevation. So if you attacked my posts in the other thread and my original post in this thread in the same manner, then the one common denominator is that elevation was taken into account in your original thread.

I am not discounting anything as you can clearly see I mentioned elevation in my original post. And you mentioned shooting directly "down" on a deer in your thread, something you cannot do when standing on terra firma.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:30 AM
Dominant Buck

The truth is Brett......I have NO IDEA what shooting from 2 yds from an elevated platform will produce. I've never done it. I have shot straight down, though.

I never mentioned anything about elevation for Scenario No. 1......but clearly mentioned it for scenario No. 2.

It's not that big of a deal, really......and I suppose I can see where the confusion came from. YOUR scenario is something I didn't figure on. I've never done it.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

At 15 feet high, how far out does the deer have to be to be able to hit both lungs? I would imagine 7 or 8 yards....
Old 07-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

At 2 yards I usually just wet my finger, jab them right in the bum holieo, curl my fingerand let them drag me around till they get tired!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

with a name like sliverflicker, I thought that went without saying. Thanks for the laugh tho
Old 07-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

At 15 feet high, how far out does the deer have to be to be able to hit both lungs? I would imagine 7 or 8 yards....

I have done it at around 4-5 yards from a 17' platform but I was standing,putting me quite a bit higher.

Jeff,I assumed elevation as well because that was what he was talking about shooting deer from.

When on the ground,the shot is quite low at 2 yards.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

At 2 yards I usually just wet my finger, jab them right in the bum holieo, curl my fingerand let them drag me around till they get tired!
We call that Hookin'em!![8D]

Dan
Old 07-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

We call that Hookin'em!![8D]

Dan
That's kinda like noodling,but with deer. [8D]

Quick Reply: Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.