Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is Scentlok worth it? >

Is Scentlok worth it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is Scentlok worth it?

Old 07-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Spike

Default Is Scentlok worth it?

This year is going to be my first archery season. I just bought a parker bow but didnt really buy any clothing,accesories,etc. Should I spend alot of money to buy Scentlock clothing to stay ''hidden''. Or just go out and buy the ''cheap'' stuff and risk it?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Is Scentlock worth it?

ya thats what i am wondering too.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buy camo clothes, wash camo clothes in non-scented detergent, hang camo clothes on a clothes line outside to dry, place dried clothes into a scent free plastic tub. Hunt the wind and spray down with scent eliminator if you feel the need.

That being said, if you have the money, then according to some guys on here, scentlok really works.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

are you guys related?

but really, no it is not worth it in my opinion. you dont NEED any of the scent control, but i think it helps. what i do is wash all of the clothes i will be wearing in a special scent free soap. ill also wash towels to put on the seat of the truck on the way to the spot. then before every sit, i take a scent free shower with soap that HS makes. then before i walk to my stand i spray, and after i get in my stand i spray.

really none of thats needed if you play the wind 24/7. which i dont really do.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

We are friends.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Spike

What do you use then. Scentlock or camo?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Not in my opinion and I have two sets that I haven't used in 2 or 3 years. It's hot, doesn't breath well and contrary to what they preach it can NOT be regenerated in a home dryer. Sweat and fatty acids from the body are a non volitile substances, meaning, they do not vaporize out of the clothes as advertised. This "Replicated Human Odor" they talk about in their advertising is a volitile substance that can be collected to an extent by carbon and released with heat because it does vaporize. It's not the sweat and fatty acids of the human body. I refuse to buy boots and clothes with scent lok or scent block in them. Why should I pay an extra $40 or $50 for something I don't want and it doesn't work. Boots are especially ridiculous. You can buy two sets of regular camo for the price of one scent lok.... that's the direction I'd go. If you're in snow country one of those should be a snowflage or something like Skylines Horizon for hunting in the snow.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

I have scent loc clothing. I shelled out around 300 bucks for pants gloves and a jacket. Its really nice gear i think very comfortable and light. Also I only got winded once last season. Doe came from directly down wind and got to about my tree and blew. idk if she saw me or smelt me. Other wise i have had many deer besides her come in down wind and have not had any problems. I also take a shower with the soap from HS and spray myself down. I think it was worth the money on my part. It depends if you have enough to get it. It isnt a MUST but it does help and its reassuring.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't spend a dime on it personally.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Young Deer Hunter

We are friends.
I'd say......it's the same computer....heck maybe even the same person

Quick Reply: Is Scentlok worth it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.