Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tree Saddle...... >

Tree Saddle......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Saddle......

Old 07-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default Tree Saddle......

Do any of you guys have any experience with these?? Been looking at them since last year, What do you guys think?

Old 07-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tree Saddle......

I was just watching a hunting vid last night (Extreme whitetails 4) where a couple guys from G5 were using them.
I didn't quite understand the concept though s it made no sense to me...........they were both (hunter and cameraman) in Tree Saddles but they were also standing on Lone Wolf platforms?

They were facing the tree all wrapped up this crazy thing and standing on a conventional treestand platform? Why would someone want to do that? I couldn't see the benefit to just sitting facing the direction you want to shoot on a conventional treestand seat?

The whole concept just looked like more trouble than it was worth but I have to say LOOKED LIKE because I don't have any first hand knowledge of the product at all. Just thought I'd chime in because last night was the first time I had ever seen them in action.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

lone wolf makes an item... assassin combo...

maybe that was what they were on??

I think i need to go try one.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

No offense, but I wouldn't use one if they were giving them away.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

i personally have never used one but my brother in law has.. he switched because of constantly getting stands stolen. now he carries his with him he shoots traditional so for him it is natural. to shoot from any angle.

he says that you are strapped in from a large circular pivot point and you screw in 3 pegs to stand on and he can pivot all the way around the tree.

from the pictures and the description he gave me i personally do not think that it would work for me.

1. i cannot stand that long
2. i do not think i could unload an arrow accurately while standing on pegs and hanging from a rope.

thats just my opinion.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

i used one for squirrels and if i didnt have a shot it allowed me to swing to the other side of the tree. also very easy and lightwieght.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I worked with a guy who is now retired. Thats all he used. He hunted in very remote places and just packed the saddle and screw in steps. He claimed he loved it.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

hmm...
Old 07-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hmthtrfan

lone wolf makes an item... assassin combo...

maybe that was what they were on??

I think i need to go try one.
THat may have been the platform? You couldn't see all the way to the tree to get a sense for how big it was, you could just tell that it was a Lone Wolf platform by the cutouts.
The harness they were using was definitely the "Tree Saddle" though. They called it by brand name and it was an olive green color in the saddle seat and straps.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

I've been looking at them myself so I talked to the owner of a local shop who has killed alot of big bucks and asked him what he thought of them. He said he owns one and used it exclusively one season when he got two stands stolen from his property. Like alot of things, he said it had it's pros and cons. Quick to set up and rock steady buthe said it would be more comfortable for a smaller guy, but he got along with it ok and he's what I'd call small.

He said they're invaluable for hanging stands, in fact that's what he mainly uses it for now. Personally I think it's a little pricey if that's it's best attribute, but hey, it's an added benefit I guess.

Most of the people I've talked to that don't like them haven't tried them b/c they do seem odd to hunt out of. But those that have them seem to like them alot.

Quick Reply: Tree Saddle......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.