Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tree Saddle...... >

Tree Saddle......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Saddle......

Old 07-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tree Saddle......

ORIGINAL: Baybuzzard

Good one Early In. LMAO. Seriously, I don't know if you've actually seen a tree saddle. But if you did/have you would agree that they are totally different- no comparison. Not trying to get you to convert. Just relaying the fact I love mine, and wouldn't use anything else.
Yea buzz, I've seen them. I do realize they are different.It's just something that I personally wouldn't consider using. Just messing with you. If you like them, have at it, and good luck.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I walk without a treestand on my back for a mile up and down hills, I'm gonna be sweatin like hell anyways. I think some folks (maybe not any of you here), just wanna be different and hunt from a swing that's the latest and coolest new stand, try and be like Waddell. You aint gonna kill more bucks cause you're in a swing that lets you fly around the tree and shoot. I've always hunted with a climbing stand, API grand slam. I can get up higher than anything in the woods and see forever and a day (sometimes upwards of 40 feet if it'll help).....I bet you won't get that high in that little nut-cutter swing. I can doze off and not worry about swingin around and hittin my head on the tree or drop my weapon. And about the noise, it doesnt make enough noise to scare anything away, I'm telling you. You're just using that strap that's super duper quiet and when you compare it to using a climber, of course the climber is loud. But again, it aint that dadgum loud if you know how to use it. I've always done it this way, so when I do get to the stand sweaty and stinky, that's part of it, that's hunting to me, and I'm gonna sweat anyways cause I got a beer belly. If my stand weighed 40 pounds, I would still carry it on my back over that swingy thing. What do you do when you're not propped out on the tree leaning, do you just sit there like you're in a baby swing deal? Like just hang there? Or do you use a platform and stand when you're not flying like a monkey? If you use a platform, why don't you just put a seat up there so you aint gotta stand the whole dang time, then it would turn back into what it really is, a safety harness. What's the purpose of this thing, really? Just to be able to swing around the tree or something? Who ever decided that they need to be able to swing in the trees like Tarzan to kill bucks? One of them Realtree boys that knew it would sell to people that have to buy the newest thing. I tell you, I aint gonna be hangin up in the trees like a monkey with my nuts all scrunched up in a diaper! haha Guys I'm not picking or tryin to start anything, this is all becoming fun to me now and I know you all like them. I haven't tried it, I can't hate on it. It's just weird as h*ll and VERY easy to pick fun at. Good luck with them this year.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

If I walk without a treestand on my back for a mile up and down hills, I'm gonna be sweatin like hell anyways. I think some folks (maybe not any of you here), just wanna be different and hunt from a swing that's the latest and coolest new stand, try and be like Waddell. You aint gonna kill more bucks cause you're in a swing that lets you fly around the tree and shoot. I've always hunted with a climbing stand, API grand slam. I can get up higher than anything in the woods and see forever and a day (sometimes upwards of 40 feet if it'll help).....I bet you won't get that high in that little nut-cutter swing. I can doze off and not worry about swingin around and hittin my head on the tree or drop my weapon. And about the noise, it doesnt make enough noise to scare anything away, I'm telling you. You're just using that strap that's super duper quiet and when you compare it to using a climber, of course the climber is loud. But again, it aint that dadgum loud if you know how to use it. I've always done it this way, so when I do get to the stand sweaty and stinky, that's part of it, that's hunting to me, and I'm gonna sweat anyways cause I got a beer belly. If my stand weighed 40 pounds, I would still carry it on my back over that swingy thing. What do you do when you're not propped out on the tree leaning, do you just sit there like you're in a baby swing deal? Like just hang there? Or do you use a platform and stand when you're not flying like a monkey? If you use a platform, why don't you just put a seat up there so you aint gotta stand the whole dang time, then it would turn back into what it really is, a safety harness. What's the purpose of this thing, really? Just to be able to swing around the tree or something? Who ever decided that they need to be able to swing in the trees like Tarzan to kill bucks? One of them Realtree boys that knew it would sell to people that have to buy the newest thing. I tell you, I aint gonna be hangin up in the trees like a monkey with my nuts all scrunched up in a diaper! haha Guys I'm not picking or tryin to start anything, this is all becoming fun to me now and I know you all like them. I haven't tried it, I can't hate on it. It's just weird as h*ll and VERY easy to pick fun at. Good luck with them this year.
Okay, I'll stop [8D]. Some people just aren't cut out for this kind of hunting, and that's okay. One more thing before I let this die - it wasn't Michael Waddell that got me interested in trying the saddle.. I bought it long before Waddell endorsed it.

It was this guy. Most of these bucks were killed from the tree saddle, many on public land in Michigan. His name is John Eberhart, and he's written three of the best bowhunting books I've ever read. www.deer-john.net

He's been using the saddle for over 25 years, long before he was paid to endorse it.Ifa guycan consistentlykill these kind of bucks on public land in Michigan, I'll at least listen to whathe has to say..... And yes, that is a Scentlok suit he's wearing

Old 07-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it can work, obviously, but is it necessary?