Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tree Saddle...... >

Tree Saddle......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Saddle......

Old 07-26-2008, 09:16 AM

Default RE: Tree Saddle......

[quote]ORIGINAL: Baybuzzard

Funny how most of the naysayers are close minded individuals who have never tried the item in question. I mulled over purchasing a tree saddle for 2 years...researched every forum and read hundreds of posts before I finally committed. Of all the hunters who posted, I can only recall one that actually used one and didn't like it. I love mine. I have done all day hunts from it...from 5 am til 1 pm, climb down for lunch...then back in it at 2 pm til dark. Ive slept in it. To me it is very comfortable. Having said that, it must be set up properly, otherwise you will be miserable. When properly set up you can lengthen or shorten the strap during the hunt to either stand or sit snuggled against the tree. One of the best tips I gleaned from reading the forums is to purchase a turkey hunting cushion and strap it to the tree where your knees/body can rest against it. Talk about comfort! I say to anyone who is seriously considering one and is committed to learning how to use it, you won't regret getting one.
[/quote

X2 I have had back surgery and could not set in a hangon or climber no more than 2 hours befor I started hurting to bad and had to get down. With the Tree Saddle I do not hurt and I can stay in a tree for up to 6 - 7 hrs with out getting down Now ! VERY SAFE AND VERY COMFTERBALE 5* in my book.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will be using one for the first time this year to add some mobility to my hunting. Thanks for the tips guys.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

Im thinking about getting one now.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too have found that most who do not like it, have never tried it. It takes some getting use to, and if's very different from what we consider "normal" tree stand hunting, but it works very well once you get the hang of it.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

So how do you get up in the tree with thing? Screw in steps then screw them back out when your done? Carry a climbing stick in and out every trip? Or race up the tree like a logger with boot spikes on? I don't see the PITA factor any less with this than that of a climber.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't really say that I could ever convince myself to buy something like that.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I plan to try it out this year. My brother loves his. The main thing is being completely mobile. A hunter I respect uses it all the time, he writes lots of articles and some books, his name is John Eberhart, and he is from Michigan.His book about "Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails" is extremely helpful. It actually has a section about the saddle.
His website is: www.deer-john.net

Check it out, I think it will be helpful in making your decision.

Trae

Old 07-28-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't wanna appear close minded, I just wouldn't buy one because my 8 year old treestand still works like new and I love it. I just refuse to buy something I don't need. BUT I can see how some may need this, like those who have had some kind of surgery and it helps them out a lot. That's cool, and I'm glad you found a stand you can hunt in with no pain. I just don't wanna appear close minded, I just would not buy one because I don't need one.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

You would have to pay me to use this thing. This product is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen, IN MY OPINION.
Funny because I feel the exact same way - about climbing stands. You couldn't give me one for free. Too bulky, noisy, and heavy to carry3/4 amile into the big woods. And the trees around me tend to havethis thing calledbranches that would make a climbing stand a huge PITA. No thanks. To each his own I guess.

I have personally let three people try my tree saddle, and all three bought one afterusing mine. One of the guysI know hunts with a longbow from the saddle because his climbing stand bar interferes with drawing the longbow.
My climber makes no noise whatsoever after a good ratchet strap is put across it. It comes on and off my back easily, and goes on the tree in less than 2 minutes, quietly. I can usually climb about 30 feet up and get settled in about 5 minutes. The entire process after I take it off my back to gettin settled inusually takes less than 10 minutes. And it depends on whether or not I have to CUT those "little things called branches" with a little thing we like tocall a LIMBSAW down here. And unless you have had some kind of surgery or you wear girl panties, you oughta be able to put a 25 lb stand on your back and walk through the woods. If I can walk up and down the steep ridges at my place with a stand on my back and gun or bow in my hand, anybody in good health oughta be able to also. BUT again, to each his own, I just won't be buying one because my stand and my limbsaw work perfectly. By the way, I've had mornings where I've made noise puttin the stand on the tree and climbing up the tree, and still seen deer. Guess it all depends on where you hunt and what noises deer usually hear. I'm beside a train track, construction area back up the road, and a sawmill, so there's a good bit of noise usually.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one and I love it. It won't work for big guys but it will allow you to hunt and make shots from trees that are impractical for climbers.

Here's my review from the first year:
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2112484&mpage=1

I can't find my review from the second year but here's anotherguy's:
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2445352&mpage=1&key=tree%2csaddl e&#2445607

Quick Reply: Tree Saddle......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.