Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you trespass to get to your stand? >

Would you trespass to get to your stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you trespass to get to your stand?

Old 07-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you trespass to get to your stand?

In Texas, trespassing with a weapon is a state felony. Let's see... getting caught, spending thousands in legal fees and fines, loss of voting rights, acquiring a criminal record, and maybe even a stretch in Huntsville vs walking an extra couple hundred yards? Duh.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

In Texas, trespassing with a weapon is a state felony. Let's see... getting caught, spending thousands in legal fees and fines, loss of voting rights, acquiring a criminal record, and maybe even a stretch in Huntsville vs walking an extra couple hundred yards? Duh.
Not to mention getting shot by a pissed off land owner
Old 07-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Oneshot, I once had that problem off the Rappahanock river here in Virginia. I found a small tributary off the river that flowed into some swaps....the place was absolutely loaded with big largemouth bass. The "land" owner would yell at me and threaten to call the cops everytime I went down to fish. After awhile it worked because the harassment made it no fun. But that dang place was loaded with big fish!
There is actually a marina here that will not let people fish becaue they claim they dug it out and made it navigable. We still fish it and have the game warden check us while they want you to get out, all at the same time. I just dont get people who complain when they dig their ponds out of a creek and complain when someone fishes it, all they did was make it possible for us to fish it legally. If only they knew they couldve spent money and stocked the pond and had it all to themselves, but oh well it works out for me
Old 07-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kanga

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Not to mention getting shot by a pissed off land owner
The stand is already hung, and I did it through my land and I know I can get to it if I plan it right and not spook anything. I have already scouted an entrance to it through my land, but once I looked at the aerial view I noticed the "shortcut". I posted this, not because Im interested in getting fines or smashing rocks for a few months, but I wanted to get the general consensus of what others would do...hence the topic of the thread.

Im going to talk to the hippie alpaca farmer and show her the shortcut, notify that it is not posted, and ask if I can cross through. If she says no, so be it. I personally would not consider this trespassing if someone walked through the corner of my yard to access their backyard, but there are ethics and laws.

Yep, dragging a 200# deer through the long way would suck, but if she says no, I have only one way to do it.

Thanks again for the opinions. I was always told that if the land wasnt posted, you would need a warning before you would get into trouble.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ask the guy

Old 07-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

How about offering this Hippiealpaca freaka fewsweet buds to cross his land.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Would you trespass to get to your stand? UPDATE

This is how it went down. I brought my 4 yr old daughter with me when I went to visit the Alpaca farm. I started out by saying things like we drive by here all the time going to my hunting property and my daughter always wants to stop and pet one.

I asked the guy if she could, and he said she might get spit on, but we stood at the gates edge and looked. I was talking to the husband (non hippie) and explained that our properties adjoined each other and I pointed out to where one of my stands were. He goes on to tell me that his wife is an anti-hunter person and calls the game warden whenever she hears a shot nearby. Shes freaky about one of her alpacas getting a some stray lead.

So I point out the area that I was wondering if I could cut through in the mornings to get to my stand. He says he wont put anything in writing, and his wife doesnt get up in the morning until 8 or 9 AM, so she would never see me anyway. He says, "as long as you are just going to your land, I dont have a problem with it" Then he throws in, if she does see me, I will have to deal with her!

What does that tell you!
Old 07-15-2008, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

She better not see you and his life is likely quite miserable!
Old 07-15-2008, 05:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Hmmm... two things come to mind, ONE: Let us know how llama meat taste.
Two: It isn't worth the hassle. Where are you going to park, in plain site probably right.... where she can see your car. 200 yards is just a good wake up. If you must, use a red or green light and slip in. Personnnaly, looking at your map and the vegetation in the picture, I bet there are several spots you can put that stand and accomplish the same deal. And YUP, they all involve a little walk. I have in my life found some spots that it was actually better to wait until the first grey light of morning to walk in. This might be one of those. You can see enough to walk quieter, quicker and with much less muss and fuss. Hell, I'm 64 and walk a lot more than 200 yards with my climber on my back just about everytime I go hunting. You already have the stand in place. What could be easier. Man up and take a hike.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

How about your vehicle?Is it an issue with her seeing it? It sounds this guy is working with you to the best of his ability, he's just married to a hard core.[:@] Maybe this could be aroute of travel just for the rut. In before first light, and out after dark. By the way, great thinking bringing your daughter. That usually brings out the softer side of a person.

Quick Reply: Would you trespass to get to your stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.