HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Would you trespass to get to your stand? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/252733-would-you-trespass-get-your-stand.html)

Hoyt_Viper 07-13-2008 09:39 PM

Would you trespass to get to your stand?

When I found my ideal stand location this year and hung a stand, there is absolutely no easy access to it without coming into the edge of the tree line through a farmers field. I could take an hour to go the 200 yrds in, at 5 am to be sure to not be spotted, but its so tempting to go along the neighbors field and cut in the 25 yrd to the stand (its that close to the property line).

Would you feel that it is OK to do this if you are stealthy enough to get away with it, or would your conscience bother you about the ethical part.

The yellow circle is the stand location Im talking about. The landowners have an alpaca farm here and are absolutely against hunting, much less using their land to enter my hunting areas.

I do respect them, and have not yet asked, as I have an idea of what the answer would be. What would you do.

Schultzy 07-13-2008 09:49 PM

RE: Would you trespass to get to your stand?

Nope I wouldn't. I'd be ticked off If I found some SOB trespassing on my land.

Thats a tough position your in being your neighbor is like that.

PreacherTony 07-13-2008 09:54 PM

virginiashadow 07-13-2008 09:59 PM

Alpaca farmers=hippies.....hippies=enticed by green plants growing on or near known farms.......find green growing things in the middle of the woods====leverage to walk on their land to hunt your spots;)

Schultzy 07-13-2008 10:02 PM

Lmao Brett!!

virginiashadow 07-13-2008 10:11 PM

After you find the goods, give them the GPS coordinates of the special goodies and they will be all yours, they may even let you arrow an alpaca Hoyt! :)

brotherbdc 07-13-2008 11:32 PM

Why dont you use the Helicopter you took the picture from;).... If ya ask and farmer brown says no, just take the time the long way. Now thats probably the right thing to do however I would be tempted to cross the field......TEMPTED[:@]

JFergus7 07-13-2008 11:36 PM

I would just ask him. If he says no then you are out of luck and walk the long way. I always get pissed when I find people on my property in WV. I don't care if they are in the middle of hte property hunting or just walking on a small part of it. Regardless they shouldn't be there.

2 Lunger 07-13-2008 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Alpaca farmers=hippies.....hippies=enticed by green plants growing on or near known farms.......find green growing things in the middle of the woods====leverage to walk on their land to hunt your spots;)

That is hilarious but probably true!

madvilledoc 07-13-2008 11:48 PM

Which way would you normally be coming in?