Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Video Range Shooting/Adjustment >

Video Range Shooting/Adjustment

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Video Range Shooting/Adjustment

Old 07-11-2008, 07:00 AM

Default Video Range Shooting/Adjustment

Alright guys. Here is a serious question. I do shoot quite a bit of video range at a place right down the street from my work. Its something for me to do at lunch time. However, the range does guage distance well, but obviously your in a dark hallway. It seems its takes some extra focusing and a couple of shots for my eyes to pick back up distance etc on a 3-D range. I never shoot the video range without at the end of the week shoot my 3-D range for an hour or so.

Question is....What are your opinions on the video range? Good Bad Indifferent? What do you guys do to help to re-adjust to real circumstances? If anything? Is it just my eyes? I have perfect vision but it seems after I shoot video a bunch, i have a little trouble seeing the distance on the 3-D range.(I randomly move my targets so that I dont shoot from memory and have to judge new distances). I know some might say stop the video, but its so fun, to pretend your shooting a monster at lunch time!

Any advise would be cool thanks again!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Video Range Shooting/Adjustment

I used to shoot the heck out of them, never had any issues. Our video range was 20 yards, to me it was just like practicing at 20. IMO the more you draw and shoot your bow the better toned your muscles are and the better you will shoot. In the last several years I don't think I have ever shot any type of course or screen or anything that ever hurt my hunting. YOU have to get distinguish in your own mind what you are doing,, you have to decide if it is hurting your hunting, as I know everyone is different...I would say that if you enjoy it, shoot it and do whatever it takes to get your vision worked out!!!! If it causes you too much grief to be able to judge yardage maybe you should stop the video before hunting season but in the off season I say shoot anything that you enjoy and is legal....