Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release** >

** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release**

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release**

Old 07-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release**

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

Keep in mind, we're just getting started with the Ross line...
I had a feeling you'd eventually chime in Pat. LOL Looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store for us. Not just from Ross but also the 2009 lineup for Diamond and Bowtech.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Being an MBA student who just finished my first graduate marketing class, I'm wondering how Bowtech plans to position the Ross line to compete in the marketplace without competing directly against their Diamond line. How will they differentiate the Ross bows from the Diamond bows, given that they are basically the same design?

Both Diamond and Ross are high end parallel limb single cam bows that are very similar to one another. I'm not sure I understand why this move makes sense for Bowtech - unless they plan on changing either the Ross or Diamond brand to target different market segments.
Kind of like GMC and Chevy trucks. Different names, same truck, but the money goes in the same pocket when they sell one
That's actually one of GM's biggest problems right now. Too many brands selling identical vehicles. If it didn't cost billions to dissolve a brand, they'd probably kill off 2 or 3 brands tomorrow. Most customers areindifferent between the GMC truck and the Chevy truck. But we have separate dealerships, separate distribution channels, separate marketing budgets, etc. And at the end of the day, all we've really accomplished is to weaken the brand identities of both brands, spend extra moneyand create confusion in the marketplace.

I'm not sure why Bowtech would want to engage in a similar strategy. Unless they truly think that people who would buy a Ross would not consider a Diamond, and vice versa - then it makes sense. They need to be sure to have some real significant differentiation between the Diamond and Ross line - unlike GMC versus Chevy trucks which are identical.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think everyone should just give the Bowtech/ROSS deal some time...way to much speculation at this point; for me as long as the ROSS name is on it I will buy it!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Germ I told you Andy Ross was a D-bag. He probably T-bags too! Atleast when that Ross breaks you "might" have a place to get it fixed now.
Hmmm. Kind a makes you wonder. Not a company I'd be talking too, or buy. Better just to let them pass on, but that's just me. Got enough of my own baggage to carry, don't need anymore.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

The way I see it Ross made a great product with a loyal customer base. The company on the other hand failed for whatever reasons. They got snapped up likely for peanuts as they really didn't have much other than a name and debts likely. Larger companies routinely buy others its just business. GM owns Opel, Saab and Ford also owns Jaguar and other brands. The technology and manufacturing advantages will improve the Ross brand. Any time we get more assortment in choice for bows I consider it a good thing, in the end its a gun manufacturer going to the bank anyways
Old 04-08-2014, 08:15 AM
Spike

Default Andy Ross

Hi. Andy Ross actually sold Ross Archery. He is producing a new recurve bow under Ambush Archery. Just wanted to let you know he is still out there.