Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help my feet stink.  Need new boots. >

Help my feet stink. Need new boots.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help my feet stink. Need new boots.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Help my feet stink. Need new boots.

Ok my pair of boots I have are waterproof but my feet fry like eggs in them. After I have been hunting for a day or two the smell would make just about anyone gag. I am going to carry a gallon of bleach to pour on my feet next time before getting in the truck. I need to know what boot company you guys like for a nice lightweight boot that will stay scent free for those walks to the stand. In a weekend I might walk 10 to 12 miles through swamp so waterproof is a big need and snakes down here in Florida are a downright nuisance. So what brand do you guys prefer?

And should it have activated charcoal?
Old 07-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Help my feet stink. Need new boots.

You pour that bleach on your feet and you won't beable to wear boots. Wash, unscented foot powder... anything. Mayb try using these odor eaters or something if they're as bad as you say. Maybe give up the rubber and go with something that breathes and use lots of scent killer on the boots. Last thing I'd do would be straight bleach, and then only if I wanted to miss work a couple days.[&:] Get some good breathable goretex Rocky's or better yet Danner.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Bartender

Wash the dang things.[8D]
Old 07-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

Putsome baking soda in your boots, it will help keep them dry and will absorb odor...
Old 07-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you keep putting baking soda in your boots everytime you use them, the soda will eventually eat through the soles. Sweat and soda together make a deadly combination on boots and shoes. Have you ever tried Muck boots. They may smell after you sweat, but after a day or two, the smell is gone. I have two pair and I love them. They are 100% waterproof. I use the fieldmaster in early season and turkey season,and the woody max when it gets cooler. They are lightweight and very comfortable. They are neoprene uppers and rubber lowers. Check them out if you already haven't.