Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!??? >

Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

Old 11-08-2003, 05:52 PM

Default Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

My feet freeze!!!!....My body was warm all day, but my feet froze this morning...in WV it was 30 degree' s.....are there truly any boots that can keep your feet warm???? If you know of any LMK ASAP!!!
Old 11-08-2003, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

Are you walking along way to your stand? If so you may be getting your feet wet from sweating, About any boot should keep your feet warm when its just 30 degrees if they are dry. I have a pair of LaCrosse, 1000 gm and they do a great job in keeping mine warm.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:29 PM

Default RE: Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

Make sure they are not 100% rubber boots. It was ~34 degrees in PA today. Decided to wear my 1200 Burly' s. Forgot my good socks and was stuck using cotton crew socks. My feet froze. I will be hunting in my Danner Pronghorn 800' s more often. [:-]
Old 11-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

Good advice on making sure your feet are dry, if
they' re not, nothing will keep your feet warm[:' (].

Get yourself a pair of Arctic Shield Boot Blankets,
they are lightweight and can be rolled up and
carried in your daypack. Along with a quality pair
of insulated boots (I wear Cabela' s 800 gram Bruins
w/Suppresscent), a good liner sock (like Thermax),
and a pair of wool socks....you should be set.

If you' re still in doubt...use a pair of chemical warmers,
like " Hot Hands" , in the toe of your boots[:-].

The boot blankets work by reflecting/keeping in your
body' s heat. During the mornings here this past week
it' s been 15-20 degrees....if it didn' t work, I wouldn' t
have been able to hunt[:@].

TB
Old 11-09-2003, 06:57 AM

Thanks.....I' m gonna buy a pair of the Arctic Shield Boot Blankets..
Old 11-09-2003, 09:41 AM

With the comments about keeping your feet dry, it' s probably goes without saying but I' ll mention it anyway, maybe bringing an extra pair of socks in your pack would help. Cold feet sure can drain the pleasure out of any activity.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:49 AM

get a pair. muck boots they are the best boot out there. cost alot of money tho.$120 bucks.

go deep hunt hard
Old 11-09-2003, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get some good socks that wick away moisture.
Old 11-09-2003, 04:18 PM

muck boots ???????what are they??
Old 11-09-2003, 05:24 PM

I used to get cold feet, alot of it from them being wet. But since I started buying Cabela' s Quest boots, my feet have stayed dry and warm. The only cost 99.00 and they have Gore-Tex in them. They started out using just 200 grams of Thinsulate, but my latest pair have 400 grams of Thinsulate Ultra. I usually just use my everyday cotton crew socks with them and they' ve never gotten cold. Even when I' ve been out hunting in icy 20 degree weather and snow.

I sometimes wonder of people don' t go overboard a little bit and get 1000 gram insulation boots, only to have their feet start sweating and then get cold. Rubber is the worst!! Also, get them to fit so you don' t get blisters, but loose enough that you' re not restricting the circulation in your feet.

Good luck, there' s nothing miserable than being on stand all day with cold feet.

Quick Reply: Are there any boots in the world that can keep your feet warm all day???!!!???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.