Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Boots?

Old 07-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Boots?

I don't wear rubber because of the walk and i feel more comfortable in regular boots. If i'm near the swamp then i'll put on rubber
Old 07-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

I usually wear a rubber sole guide boot--Would like to wear full height rubber Lacrossee,Muck or something like that but my calves are too big, cain't find any to fit.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I HATE rubber boots and will never wear them unless I am walking basically flat terrain. I walk up and down tough terrain here in VA as well Rockin, so I use a boot that is light, yet stable, and has a tough sole to take the abuse from the rocks I frequently step on. Here are some tips to control your boot odor:

1) ONLY put your boots on after you get out of your vehicle. After your hunt, put your boots back into a bag or plastic container.

2) If you walk along way to your hunting spot and sweat alot, wear small socks on the way in to avoid overheating. Change out your socks about 200 yards from your stand wearing those disposable rubber gloves. Just place the used socks/rubbr gloves into a ziplock bag. Boots begin to smell because of bacteria and this will eliminate the sweat/stink in your boots.

3) Keep your boots in a container that has dry pine needles or dry leaves in it. The scent of the needles or leaves will keep your boots smelling like the woods.

4) If you do happen to buy new boots before the season, rub mud or dirt all over the outside of the rubber sole to get rid of that rubber stink. It usually takes about 2 months of leaving your new boots outside and putting mud/dirt on them to get the rubber stink out.