Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Inclement Weather >

Inclement Weather

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Inclement Weather

Old 07-02-2008, 08:31 AM

Default Inclement Weather

Was thinking back the other night about past hunts, and remembered one opening day hunt a few years back when I was huntingon a buddy's farm. I was sitting there in my treestand and out of no where there was a streak of lightning and it started getting real dark. My buddy met me at my stand and we tried high-tailing it back to the house, not far away. Before we got there, only about half-way into a wide open field, it started pouring the rain down with marble size hail. So I got to wondering what is the worst weather you got caught in while hunting?
Old 07-02-2008, 08:37 AM

Default RE: Inclement Weather

When I was pig hunting down in Texas this last March with my wife we were both siting in a high tower metal box when out of the middle of nowhere a bolt hit very near the box. Up to that point we had not heard or seen any other lightning and it scared the holy hell out of us. I said if there is just one more we are gone and the rest of the time they were way off in the distance. I hate the strikes where the boom comes with flash!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:38 AM

rain storm just like the 1 you drscribed,and an ice storm that was just supposed to be snow,it turned out to be a storm that had the entire area on lockdown for bout a week lol
Old 07-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Back when I lived in Fla, my brother and I decided we were going hunting despite the fact there were hurricane warnings - I was 20 ft up a tree in 60 mph wind and about 1 mile from the vehicle- got drenched and shooken from the swaying tree - but we both survived

Also got cuaght driving in a small hurricane on the coast of NC - couldn't see anything driving but 15-20 mph and an hour later we drove into shelter - not sure what the winds were in that one