Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Blazer wraps/too much tailweight for setup? >

Blazer wraps/too much tailweight for setup?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blazer wraps/too much tailweight for setup?

Old 06-30-2008, 08:36 AM

Default Blazer wraps/too much tailweight for setup?

Since I have started shooting again I have really been stripping the vanes of of my arrows lately and it is time to re fletch. I was just about ready to order a bitzenberger fletcher and some new vanes and those blazer wraps caught my eye. I like the idea of the very exact fletch, durability, easeetc... that they claim but I am worried about two things 1. How does it work with a whisker biscuit? 2. Will it add too much tail weight to my setup I am shooting a easton axis n-fused 400, 28.5 inch arrow with 100 grain tips on a 65 lb bow.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:56 AM

Default RE: Blazer wraps/too much tailweight for setup?

They'll scuff up some through the biscuit, but not terribly. They only weigh about 5 grains, which is only gonna hurt your FOC by about.....a tenth of a percent or so. It won't be enough to matter. If 5 grains affects you negatively in the FOC department, you've got bigger issues to begin with.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Dominant Buck

It'll be less than 5gr. each, also. The weight of whatever you WOULD have chosen will need to be deducted from the overall (fletching) weight in order to determine your "delta".

"Incosequential" comes to mind.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:07 AM

I need to clarify here I am actually speaking about he shrink on blazer wraps which I think are a little longer then the "blazer wraps". I am looking for the easy way out of fletching with a jig but only if they work well. A new concern I have is my easton arrows are really skinnny and I am thinking the shrink wraps might have a hard time constricting enough.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:16 AM

Oh, now that changes some things. Those are fairly heavy I believe, though I'm not sure of their exact weight. It's also an "all or nothing" venture should you need to replace 1 vane. You can't just glue on another Blazer, and for the money they want for those.....I say no thanks.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just buy the bitz and fletch your arrows the old fashioned way. It's actually more fun than work and you can experiment with a limitless supply of wraps and vanes.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM

Centaur and others do you use wraps and then fletch to those for better adhesion or is it just asthetics. By the way what fletching glue do you use?
Old 06-30-2008, 11:21 AM

Any of the cyanoacrylates (super glue) type glues work very well. Pine Ridge, Bohning quantum XT (probably my favorite) Goat Tuff....and hell, even plain old super glue works very well.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: TG78

Centaur and others do you use wraps and then fletch to those for better adhesion or is it just asthetics. By the way what fletching glue do you use?
Theres lots of good glues, Bohning and Goat Tuff for ex. Like mobow said, super glue will work, but it can leave a white coloration if the humidy isn't right (atleast thats what Ive heard causes it).

I use wraps just for looks myself. They do give you a good clean surface to apply the fletchings to, but you can get the shaft just as clean if you clean it correctly.