Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-06-2003, 08:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-06-2003, 09:38 AM
Spike

Default RE: Speed is all you need! (?)

ORIGINAL: krisken

I quickly put in a primos video that sprang to mind where I remembered seeing a buck at full alert that droped (way down) in this video.

Although he got hit cleanly it was one heck of an attempt by the buck!.

In this clip the camera angle was so you were able to see the entire arrow from start to finish.

I just watched this seven times and I have to say that in stop motion the arrow is at least seven yards away before the buck makes his first motion to duck.

This buck was spooked and looking right at the shooter when the shot was taken!.

What are we down to now? that buck was shot at 32yrds. they said and by the angle of the shot I would say the point of aim was at the bottom of the lung area and it still hit mid section.

What say you to that?.

I' m not sure what point you' re trying to make with that one example. I recall a Realtree video showing a buck ducking an arrow at < 20 yards. The hunter appears to shoot high, but in slow motion replay and the help of a telestrator, the aiming point was fine. The deer simply jumped the string. I don' t understand your reasoning here.

On a side note, I remember reading an article several years ago where the author stated if you believe the deer is going to jump the string you should aim at the very very bottom of its chest. Obviously, the question comes to mind- what if the deer doesn' t drop? At best you gave him a haircut, but you probably missed. That article always made me laugh.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-06-2003, 11:36 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-06-2003, 11:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-06-2003, 01:39 PM

Well I guess I am going to have to add some sanity to this thread.

My position on this is...........
that if two diff. weight arrows are shot out of the same bow
the lighter one will shoot faster..

Now that should put me in the firing lane

Bring it on!!!!!!!!![][>:]
Old 03-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kirsken,

Here is a video you need to watch,

Tracking before and after with Mike Lapinski made by Stone Wolf Productions.
1-800-237-0060

Not only does it show a good number of " jumping the string" it also shows where the arrow would have impacted if the deer didnt move and/or outlines of the vitals.
Not to mention many poor penetration shots by some folks, kinda makes me wonder.....good vid bar none for what you are looking for.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

and btw, just about any test done with even minimal human involvement is skewed atleast to some degree.

and 4 1/2 inches, watch that vid, you' ll be amazed at how far they drop even at the famed 20 yards!

Btw, this is the third time I have asked you about your Ny Moose hunt? Whats the deal here, you just refuse to look at the possibility you might get pass hunting something more the size of a big dog then a truely big game animal? [X(]
Old 03-06-2003, 07:29 PM

Man, I cant believe this ones still going. Ive forgot what Kirskens original point was.Arthur, Like always I appreciate your no nonsense aproach and how you wade through the b.s.Never an opinion, just the facts maam. Once again, well stated. Supermag, a higher brace ht. will always average out for the masses as being more accurate. It doesnt matter which you shoot better personally. Everyones different, but were talking percentages. Take a hundred people, or a thousand, or a million, or all them little yellow guys in China, and the higher percentage will shoot the higher brace more accurately overall. Its not a fact. Its physics. How longs the pointy thing, on the string. Higher brace, less time to flinch and gag. Nuff said.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

The original topic was: " Speed is all you need! (?)

One thing should be abundantly clear; Speed without MASS achieves nothing. [&:]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.