Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-03-2003, 12:02 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Speed is all you need! (?)

You can have both. I shoot a BK II also, not quite as extreme as yours, 29 in draw, 70# 454 grain arrow at 295 fps, KE 88. Overkill for anything on this continent, moose and grizzly included.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hawgz, that BM2 was never proven to be a production bow as no one was allowed to shoot it, only the machine. Mathews may have one fast bow, but who wants to shoot 5 1/4" brace?[:@] Send their bow over that' ll shoot with my Pat Dually at 7 3/4" brace. Or my P38 DC at 7 1/4" brace. I thought so!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 03:32 PM

pdq 5oh You wants some cheese with that whine? It was proven face it. Like the BK2 is just loaded with brace height. Even when something is proven to you...you still want admitt to it.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey Krisken,

I' ll humor you one more time as you seem to be a wee bit off on this hole momentum gig. WHen this video (if/when it happens) remind me and I' ll send you a copy of the natal study. So far its about the best thing out there when it comes to speed, ke, mom, penetration on many different game animals. By cranking your bow up to a weight I am sure most adult males could shoot accuratly pulling the bow straight back, not doing the dance to hit full draw and in theory staying with the same arrow just to hunt brownies lol. Heck they are going to eat ya anyways..... I am trying to keep things a little more realistic. Like I am sure you are putting in for the Ny moose tags right? That or dream of chasing elk and maybe get the chance to hunt AK or Canada for moose or caribou (which bou btw are on the average not a very hard critter to penetrate as per a whitetail). Hopefully some light will be shed and you will grasp a better understanding on this hole deal and not be directed to one aspect of it and comparing it to a hole different thing. Only time will tell!
Old 03-03-2003, 06:00 PM

Can someone give me the formula your using for KE. The def. of KE is 1/2 x mass x [Velocity squared]. The bow poundage should not play a part in the equasion.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:46 PM

Krisken,

342 fps!! Wow, what broadhead do you use?

You' ve convinced me! I read that Hoyt has tested their bows with up to 40,000 dry fires without a blemish. I' m going to shoot 200 grain arrows - 400fps, here I come.

beprepn

Old 03-03-2003, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

The initial premise was " SPEED IS ALL YOU NEED! ?" For this to be true mass has to have no effect on killing an animal.

I think you are knocked off the stump unless you can prove that the answer to the following equation is any number greater than 0 [ZERO]. Good Luck

Equation 1. 0 gr (342 X 342 fps / 450240) [Speed without Mass]
Old 03-03-2003, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if somone could come up with a new formula, one that takes into consideration momentum along with KE. Kind of an " Adjusted Impact Formula."

Good Luck!!
Old 03-03-2003, 08:46 PM

i have to agree with Krisken. with that set up he should blow threw anyone of those animals.i love speed it lets you load up your bow till its quiet with just enough arrow weight and still shoot flat. as far as momentom is concerd its not even a issue. HIS BOW HAS BUILT IN OVERKILL PERIOD. as for elk and moose i would go with 420 to 450 grain arrow with as much speed as i could get. i like a flat arrow. as far as the bow is hard to shoot with all that speed it depends on how much you practice. if you shoot it all year you proably can hit with it quite well

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.