Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how to measure draw length? >

how to measure draw length?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how to measure draw length?

Old 06-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default how to measure draw length?

If I was to purchase a bow for my wife without her knowing it was coming, how do I measure her draw length? I know if I just have her hold out her arms and take a measurement,shestill won't know what I'm up to. So how do I measure her draw length? I really just want to get a close as possible so she can shoot when I hand it to her and then get it all set up perfect the next day or so.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how to measure draw length?

Wing-span divided by 2.5
Old 06-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: psebwhntr16

Wing-span divided by 2.5
Yep, have her spread her arms out at shoulder height, palms forward, fingers extended and measure her wingspan in total inches. Take that number and divide by 2.5 and you'll have a good rough/roundabout guess.

My best advice and experience here would be to use that number as a STARTING point.... it might be dead on.. but you may have to shorten it a bit as a female's arm is built differnetly than the male arm.

Whatever bow you get her... make sure the draw length is adjustable at least +/- one or two inches on either side of the draw you measure... that will give you some room to play with so she can find exactly what is most comfortable for her.

Good luck! And congrats on getting the Missus on board! I shoot with mine and couldn't imagine shooting without her!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: psebwhntr16

Wing-span divided by 2.5
Yep, have her spread her arms out at shoulder height, palms forward, fingers extended and measure her wingspan in total inches. Take that number and divide by 2.5 and you'll have a good rough/roundabout guess.

My best advice and experience here would be to use that number as a STARTING point.... it might be dead on.. but you may have to shorten it a bit as a female's arm is built differnetly than the male arm.

Whatever bow you get her... make sure the draw length is adjustable at least +/- one or two inches on either side of the draw you measure... that will give you some room to play with so she can find exactly what is most comfortable for her.

Good luck! And congrats on getting the Missus on board! I shoot with mine and couldn't imagine shooting without her!
X3

You see way too many shooting too long of a Draw Length

Dan