Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just a D loop on the serving? >

Just a D loop on the serving?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just a D loop on the serving?

Old 06-25-2008, 02:24 PM

Default Just a D loop on the serving?

In the past I have had a brass nock set along with my D Loop but when I went to my local pro shop who I trust very much he said he has been using just the D Loop for many years now with great success. When he tunes and needs to adjust the nock height he just spins it up or down the serving like a nut and bolt. I know that everything added to the string just slows things down but I am fearful of the D Loop moving on its own too easy. What do you all think.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just a D loop on the serving?

I use nock set knots..... just pieces of serving thread tied in a loop knot that serve the same purpose as a brass nock point, only without the weight in the middle of the string. You do pick up a little speed.... and its the net effect of little things like this that will make the difference between a bow shooting suprisingly fast and dissapointingly slow. I'm not a huge advocate of speed (I like to keep it under 280), but it allows me to shoot a heavier arrow at 280... see what I mean.

If, when tuning, I find I need to move my nocking point, I usually move the rest if at all possible first.... that has taken care of the problem for me and my customers 95% of the time. If the nock point is haneously too high or low on the string (in relation to the berger holes) then I'll move the whole works.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I do this (D loop on the serving)...but I serve in my nocking point before I tie on the D loop. I don't have any questions about whether it slipped, or not, this way.

Good luck with yours.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't like to speak for others, but many of us on here use tied-in nocksets (using simple peep/nock tying thread) with a d-loop tied directly on the serving (one knot on top of the top nockset, one knot below the bottom nockset). As long as you tie the d-loop properly, and use good quality cord (BCY), you shouldn't have any spinning issues. Check Greg/MO's How To thread in the Technical section on tying in nocksets, and d-loops. It's an excellent reference, and should help ease your mind on the setup.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:51 PM

Matt how do I find that post?
Old 06-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TG78

Matt how do I find that post?
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2185934
Old 06-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2185934
Old 06-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

I just tie a D loop on the string and go shooting, if it is tied right it will stay, then after you shoot awhile it will get good and tight and wont move..
Old 06-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to just tie a D Loop and nothing else, but after reading Greg's post and others I decided that I wanted tied in knocksets. I haven't noticed any difference in accuracy either way.

Tied in nocksets are nice because if you have to replace your loop you know exactly where to tie the new one without having to retune.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

I used to just tie a D Loop and nothing else, but after reading Greg's post and others I decided that I wanted tied in knocksets. I haven't noticed any difference in accuracy either way.

Tied in nocksets are nice because if you have to replace your loop you know exactly where to tie the new one without having to retune.

Same here. I used to load up my string with a D loop and brass nocks but since switching to tied in nock sets I've had no problems. Works great!

Quick Reply: Just a D loop on the serving?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.