Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A perfect start

Old 06-25-2008, 07:34 AM

Default A perfect start

Hi everyone, I am relatively new to these forums. As hunting season is approaching the anticipation is starting to kick in.

I was talking to my best hunting buddy about a week ago. He asked me what was the best feeling in hunting in my oppinion. I told him it really was'nt a feeling it was more a set of events.

This is what i explained to him.

Getting up @ 3:00 am getting in the shower and getting dressed when the house is a little chilly and you definitely are considering climbing back into bed with the better half.

You allow yourself to think just for what the hell am i doing up at 3am.

You hear the words in the back of your head, hell boy you cant get any deer in the bed.

You press on, you load the truck, turn the key, pull out of the drive and the hum of the tires on the road whir on in a familiar cadence.

You take a sip of coffee still trying to shake the cobwebs from your head you switch on the radio.

Before you know it your pulling into your favorite hunting spot.

You shut the truck/car off you pause just a second and reflect on your anticipation of the days events yet to play out.

You open the door step out and the cool crisp air of the first frost collapses against your body and skin.

You take a breath you fill the cool crisp air fill up your lungs.

You see the steam shoot out from your warm breath against the crisp air.

You get dressed and take your first steps.

You hear the cruch of frozen ground beneath your trusty hunting boots.

You pause a second as you look over the silhouette of the woods that lay in front of you.

What in the world could be better hunting experience than that moment in my opinion.

What is your perfect experience in hunting?

Old 06-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: A perfect start

What in the world could be better hunting experience than that moment in my opinion.
Mine is when I climb.....get dressed, bow hung, and I get settled.....and sit down. THAT is "my" "moment".

Welcome aboard.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

What in the world could be better hunting experience than that moment in my opinion
mine is when im sitting in my satnd on a dead still morning, watching the sun start peeking through the trees and seeing the frost on all the grass and plants, man i miss those mornings[:@]

welcome to the forums
Old 06-25-2008, 08:18 AM

Thanks guys. I love sharing those experiences with other sportsman who know what you are talking about them and who can equally appreciate them
Old 06-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love it when you walk through the woods and de-spider-web the path for the deer.
OR
For hours you itch thinking there's a piece of web on you.
OR
For hours wondering if the 8-legged creature is waiting to bite your ear lobe.
OR
Catching something out of the corner of your eye and it's the same damn spider web you've been trying to detach from your hat!

Is it me or does it seem like every year the spider's weave thicker webs?
Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

i love it when i just get in my stand, and the sun really points out the beauty of the plants and trees with all of the frost on them.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:58 AM

I really enjoy all of the little things once I sit down like the tiny bugs going about their business or the bird that lands right next to you now knowing your even there. Honestly I probably pay too much attention to these things and end up missing the fur.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Nothing tops the feeling right after you put a perfect shot on that deer and you see it run over the hillside. You sit there in your tree trying to fight your urge to call everyone back at the house to tell them that you got one, because you know that it will be much more exciting if you just drive home and pretend that it was a normal day. Then you hear the yelling and excitement when your wife or kids is outside and they see a leg sticking up out of your truck bed. For me that's the best feeling.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

I love hunting with my Dad, I hope he is around many more years...
Old 06-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Post ! You've got my blood pumping because I feel exactly the same way.

I love stepping outside in the darkness on a cold morning when you're going hunting.

I also LOVE sitting in your treestand 30 minutes before the sun comes up, and hearing deer walking near you in the darkness. Is it a buck or a doe? I hope he sticks around for 10 more minutes so I can see my pins and make out antlers! At that moment, you just can't WAIT for that sun to rise!

Quick Reply: A perfect start

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.