HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A perfect start
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 07:34 AM
gavennn

Default A perfect start

Hi everyone, I am relatively new to these forums. As hunting season is approaching the anticipation is starting to kick in.

I was talking to my best hunting buddy about a week ago. He asked me what was the best feeling in hunting in my oppinion. I told him it really was'nt a feeling it was more a set of events.

This is what i explained to him.

Getting up @ 3:00 am getting in the shower and getting dressed when the house is a little chilly and you definitely are considering climbing back into bed with the better half.

You allow yourself to think just for what the hell am i doing up at 3am.

You hear the words in the back of your head, hell boy you cant get any deer in the bed.

You press on, you load the truck, turn the key, pull out of the drive and the hum of the tires on the road whir on in a familiar cadence.

You take a sip of coffee still trying to shake the cobwebs from your head you switch on the radio.

Before you know it your pulling into your favorite hunting spot.

You shut the truck/car off you pause just a second and reflect on your anticipation of the days events yet to play out.

You open the door step out and the cool crisp air of the first frost collapses against your body and skin.

You take a breath you fill the cool crisp air fill up your lungs.

You see the steam shoot out from your warm breath against the crisp air.

You get dressed and take your first steps.

You hear the cruch of frozen ground beneath your trusty hunting boots.

You pause a second as you look over the silhouette of the woods that lay in front of you.

What in the world could be better hunting experience than that moment in my opinion.

What is your perfect experience in hunting?