Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting pranks... >

Hunting pranks...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting pranks...

Old 06-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting pranks...

I got to thinking back about a 15 years ago and chuckled to myself remembering a funny prank I pulled on my wife.

We had just started dating and here's how the story goes...

I put my Doe urine in the refridgerator in between hunts and she asked what that was,
in a weird tone along with facial expressions (you know the ones)?
So I said "Doe Urine" and it smells like Roses!
So I grabbed the Urine, opened the bottle and took a HUGE sniff and went "AHHH", "wicked good".
Then I proceed to say "why don't you smell it" and of course she say's "I don't think so"!
Well, I take a few more "HUGE" sniffs and I finally convince her to smell the "roses".
Of course I built it up, saying "it's a faint smell and you MUST take a HUGE wiff to appreciate it".

Well I won!
She stomped away calling me every name in the book.
Everytime I think of her "roses", I laugh my narrow white butt off!!!!
She still calls me a jerk!

Who's got some stories...???!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting pranks...

I've never pulled any pranks myself, but I've heard guys of doing such things like emptying a bottle of tinks in the floor of your truck.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

I have never personally done this, but I have heard of people taking the gonads from the buck they killed and hanging them above a ladder stand so that when the victim walks to there stand, they get a face full of deer nuts.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

About 20 years ago or so my dads buddy (Charlie) calls my dad up and says I hit a buck in the 170" range! We (my family) all head over to the guys place to track this huge buck. He supposively shot this buck in the morning. Well we get over there and start tracking and after about 80 yards of tracking (blood trail sucked) we come over this little hill and all of a sudden there's a huge side of a rack sticking up out of the grass on the other side of a small brush pile. Our hearts damn near stopped at the sight of this rack. My dad and the guy who shot it held us back and they preceded to go while we stayed back and watched. All of a sudden my dad says "Charlie you SOB!!" Here it was a shed (80" shed) sticking out of the grass with a case of Miller Light. My dad had played some kind of prank on his buddy years back, it was pay back time for my dad so Charlie thought this was a super way to get him back. That case of beer did get finished that morning though! It was a good prank and ma ended doing the driving on the way home at noon.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Kamil

I've never pulled any pranks myself, but I've heard guys of doing such things like emptying a bottle of tinks in the floor of your truck.
yeah heard of lots of people doing that.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:08 AM

When we was youngins and had nothing to spend our money on we pulled a classic prank on one of our hunting buddies. A friend of mine was in construction. He got some kind of super duper stick anyting type glue.

Back then we had a tradition of loading up the tents and camping out the night before opening bow season morning. He got ahold of this guys release when he run into town and he glued the trigger up really good. So later in the evening my buddy suggests we shoot a little to prepare ourselves and give us all something to do.

The guy drew his bow back and tried 3-4 times to get the trigger to break and it wouldnt. So he let it down pulled it back again same thing. We was laughing so hard we was crying almost he thought we was laughing at the misfortune of his release failing.

He got so mad he threw the release on the ground and said P*ss on this thing.

We run into the bow shop and the guy at the bow shop looks at him like hes crazy. For like 2 minutes our buddy and the bow shop guy starred at each other then the bow shop guy was like are you serious? Me and my other buddy are again are crying from laughing so hard. The bow shop guy tells him what happened and he of course is embarrased and a little PO'd.

We bought him a new release but needless to say that was the Funniest and best 40 bucks we have ever spent. We still all 3 laugh about it till this day.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

A long time ago I found a road kill buck, so I cut it's head off and nailed it to a tree by my buddies tree stand. When opening morning came he saw what he thought was a buck and shot it 3 times before it fell off the tree.It blew his opening day of gun season and he was pissed but I was laughing my butt off when I heard the shots.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Two come to mind....

1. Someone (maybe someone from the forums) got ahold of some photos of some real slammers on their SD card....and switched it out with a friend's game cam, (unbeknownst to the "friend"). I LOVE that one.

2. Guy I work with was hunting deer in his camp, here.....and one of the guys shot a turkey (it's not legal to do so during deer season, in NC). He was really secretive about his "turkey"....and asked my buddy to help him with cleaning instructions. My buddy told him to put the bird behind his trcuk seat....and to take it home to clean it. He gave him instructions on how to do it, right. Well.....the guy goes home....and calls back a little while later to inquire about the smell....and was that normal.

He was cleaning a buzzard.[&:]
Old 06-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

That was me. My buddy still has that pic on his computer.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Two come to mind....

1. Someone (maybe someone from the forums) got ahold of some photos of some real slammers on their SD card....and switched it out with a friend's game cam, (unbeknownst to the "friend"). I LOVE that one.

Quick Reply: Hunting pranks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.