HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting pranks...
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Schultzy
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting pranks...

About 20 years ago or so my dads buddy (Charlie) calls my dad up and says I hit a buck in the 170" range! We (my family) all head over to the guys place to track this huge buck. He supposively shot this buck in the morning. Well we get over there and start tracking and after about 80 yards of tracking (blood trail sucked) we come over this little hill and all of a sudden there's a huge side of a rack sticking up out of the grass on the other side of a small brush pile. Our hearts damn near stopped at the sight of this rack. My dad and the guy who shot it held us back and they preceded to go while we stayed back and watched. All of a sudden my dad says "Charlie you SOB!!" Here it was a shed (80" shed) sticking out of the grass with a case of Miller Light. My dad had played some kind of prank on his buddy years back, it was pay back time for my dad so Charlie thought this was a super way to get him back. That case of beer did get finished that morning though! It was a good prank and ma ended doing the driving on the way home at noon.