Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting..a number 1 priority? >

Hunting..a number 1 priority?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting..a number 1 priority?

Old 06-21-2008, 02:55 PM

Default Hunting..a number 1 priority?

which would you pick.....your family aka wife/husband and possible kids or would you pick hunting. I find that most couples give and take, you can have different interests....one likes to hunt the other likes to shop! haha. your thoughts?
Old 06-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting..a number 1 priority?

Family comes 1st--everytime,all the time! There shouldnt even be a 2nd thought about it
Old 06-21-2008, 03:00 PM

I have an amazing passion for hunting.

But it will never come before my family...no question.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Family first, always. On the other hand...

I've been with my woman for 30 years. If I don't go hunting or fishing on my own initiative, she'll shove me out the door just to get me outta her hair for awhile. Sometimes even if I haven't gotten all my honeydo's done.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

The day I give any hunt, priority over my family would be a day I would need a good beating.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Family first, always. On the other hand...

I've been with my woman for 30 years. If I don't go hunting or fishing on my own initiative, she'll shove me out the door just to get me outta her hair for awhile. Sometimes even if I haven't gotten all my honeydo's done.
x2, not been with mine as long as you ArthurP, kudos.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:07 PM

I think if anyone comes on here and says they would honestly choose hunting over family or wife is looking for a beat down!![:@]
Old 06-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Family is always first, I have the enjoyment of getting my family involved in hunting with me though.. My wife
loves to hunt and my daughter just went turkey hunting for the first time this year..
Family and my home life is my number one priority but hunting is probably my number two.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here we go again the last post was your wife or hunting...Well My family comes 1st but there is an understanding that in hunting season its what daddy loves to do and my wife also knows that and there is no problems. If something comes up that has to do with family obviously it comes 1st. As far as anything else this is my time of the year. I kind of veiw it as a job to provide for my family. It's alot of work to shoot a deer drag it butcher it wrap and freeze it! This is where my kids and wife come in they help wrap and freeze and butcher on occasion. Again I will state this again if my wife EVER gave me a choice her or hunting it would be hunting! And I got my theory on that noone gives altematumes(SP) its not healthy in a relationship and therefore our relationship is over anyways! She knows this and is fine with it! She has a life to and I would never try to change that for her!
Old 06-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Dominant Buck

The day I give any hunt, priority over my family would be a day I would need a good beating.
I'm with ya Chris....

But it is amazing how many people thump their chests when they talk about doing ANYTHING family oriented during hunting season. No getting married during deer season. No family vacations (if, indeed, they take a family and not a hunting vacation). Nothing....during hunting season.

I wonder how many families have been destroyed via deer hunting mentalities.

I could go on....but I won't.

My family is my life.

Quick Reply: Hunting..a number 1 priority?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.