Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This Sucks!!!!!!!!!! >

This Sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This Sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default This Sucks!!!!!!!!!!

I am sitting here at work at my part time job here at Archery Idaho and it is so slow. I have had one and only one customer. Surehe did buy a used fully set up Hoyt but I didn't have to do anything to it the only work I did was ring him up and take his money. This sucks becasue I am so bored and its such a nice day out. I so wish I was out in the mountains right now on the back of my horse looking for elk. Hopefull I would find a bull or two so I could see how the antler growth is comming. Bear season is still going on in some parts of Idaho too, and that would be fun as well, wishfull thinking of course but hey we are all allowed to day dream from time to time right. On the other hand if my new set of strings and cables would of come in for my bow yesterday that would have given my something to do too. But nope as it is my new 08 Drenalin LD is fuly set up and shooing like a dream. The factory barracuda string isgood and broken in and it hasa couple of hundred shoots through it. But Ipreferr Winners Choice and thats whatI shoot on my bows. I just keep the factory string as a back up after I have broken it in. Anyway so I am sitting here bored just reading and hanging out with you guys. Soby chance ifyour reading this and you are in the south east Idaho area do me a favor. Stop by and see me and maybebuy something from me! LOLA bow fully set up with everything would be nice but I would settle for some string wax provided you BS's with me. LOL I always get the guy who buys something little and wants to BS on the days when I have 10 customers in line and they are all wanting to buy bows fully set up.lol Its hard to tell customers that you don't have time to listen to their stories. But you have to do it, otherwise you will make the other customers madwho are waiting foryou.If I didn'tit could be the loss of a sale.Anyway I quit my wineing. And go have some cheese too. LOL

Oh by the way in all seriousness if you so want check out our web site of our archey shop and if ever in the area please do stop in and say hi. Of course tell Tomowner and my boss that Isent you in. lol

http://www.archeryidaho.com/
Old 06-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This Sucks!!!!!!!!!!

It's been 2 1/2 hours since you posted this and still no replies. I guess that everyone else is outside enjoying a beautiful Saturday, bummer.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep great weather, I'm out the door as well here in a few minutes, The boy and I are off to the Milwaukee Polish Festival, its on the lakefront of Lake Michigan in Downtown Milwaukee, good times!!!!!!!!!!! We have been starving ourselves all day so we can CHOW DOWN while there! Cheers
Old 06-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW, a polish festival in Milwaukee. Now that sure beats sitting around bored in an empty shop on a Saturday afternoon.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I went fly fishing all morning. I had to take a little nap when I got back. That's my excuse for not keeping you from being bored. [8D][8D] Maybe you should have taken the opportunity to shoot a little.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I went fly fishing all morning. I had to take a little nap when I got back. That's my excuse for not keeping you from being bored. [8D][8D] Maybe you should have taken the opportunity to shoot a little.
David I would love to shoot but our range is upstairs, and the shop is downstairs, I couldn't tell if a customer came in unless they wandered up strairs and found me. We do have a litte10 footrange downstairs just to let customerstest the bows as well paper tune and chrono them but its not much fun shooting at3 yards. I did shoot my bow today a few timeto find out my speeds but beyond that I don't dare shoot in the shop. Tom does shoot his bow downstairsthrough the shop(22 yards)but he's the owner so if he misses and damages something else, well he can only blame himself.I would bet Tom would let me too, but with my luck I wouldn't dare and Iwould never ask to do iteither. If I was the owner then sure I would do it to but as a employee I don't feel thats my place.As it turned outI had a few customers from noon on.It was never busy but at least Isold a new bow and a few arrows. It gave me something to do and the day went a lot faster.