Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 best flying fixed blade >

best flying fixed blade

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

best flying fixed blade

Old 03-01-2003, 08:26 AM

Default RE: best flying fixed blade

I was just trying to answer the question.

As for hunting deer, I use muzzy 3 blade 100gr. I will not change. My buddy uses thunderheads and he is very lucky at dropping deer close to his stand.

Specifically tune your bow to shoot one of these heads and you will be fine.

Old 03-01-2003, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of all the fixed blade broadheads I have tested, most have proven to be very accurate with a well tuned bow and arrow combination. That said there are two heads that stand out in the accuracy dept, slick tricks and the Rocket ultimate steel. Since the Ultimate steel proved to be an unreliable head in most every way I can' t recomend them to anyone. The Slick tricks on the other hand are a tough great shooting head. The fly most like field points and almost all of the field reports I have on them are great. If you want the most accurate fixed blade head I would go with the slicktricks. You can find them at www.slicktrick.net Some other heads That I Highly recomend are Muzzy, goldenkey deadheads, Magnus stingers, Thunderheads Rocky Mtn titainiums and wasp sst' s. their are many more good heads but those are easy to find are are all excellent.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:05 AM

I' ve used Montec' s for the last 2 hunting seasons and they fly great, but almost everything I have tested (and it has been several fixed blade) seem to shoot good for me.
Old 03-01-2003, 11:55 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Check out www.spintite.com. There is a new broahdead out that is supposed to fly exactly like field points, guaranteed. Reading the web page their claims make sense and they look like a good product. Anyone here seen them?
Old 03-01-2003, 12:15 PM
pup

yea mez i have been looking at those i emailed them and they said i should be able to get ahold of some in a few months.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:35 AM

I would have to go with Muzzy first,then Snuffers.I think i am going to try the G5 Montecs this year.They look pretty increadable(solid one piece)Footed Shaft
Old 03-03-2003, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

My vote goes to the Montecs. The T-heads and the Muzzy' s have shot good for me in the past but the Montecs proved to me this past season to shoot well on most anything they were screwed on to.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bowfanatic; actually the quote that I was thinking about was:

" What difference does it make if the word guaranteed is printed on the box, I can take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed if you want, I have a lot of spare time on my hands"

Or something like that.

BobCo
Old 03-04-2003, 02:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those spintecs look an aweful lot like a muzzy with some bent blades on it. The furel (sp) and tip look darn close.