Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 best flying fixed blade >

best flying fixed blade

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

best flying fixed blade

Old 02-28-2003, 01:24 PM
pup

Default best flying fixed blade

ok guys i am looking for the best 100gr fixed blade broadhead that flys most like a feild point.. what are all you suggestions have any of you tried the G5 Montec
Old 02-28-2003, 01:29 PM

Default RE: best flying fixed blade

I use 125 muzzy. They are the best flying broadheads I' ve shot yet. I' ve had thunderheads, rockymountain and a few others. I also really like the practice blades that come with them. I haven' t had to retune my bow by using them either.
BowElkDwn
Old 02-28-2003, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

I have had excellent results with Muzzy and Thunderheads. I think in the " 5shot Files" he stated that the SlickTricks were the most accurate he had ever tested. They are a 4bld head
Old 02-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think that you may be asking two seperate questions.

What are the best flying fixed bladed head? In my experience, with my setup, I would have to say that my best flying heads where two bladed non-vented heads like magnus. I have also heard good things about slick-trick. I may give them a try sometime. Does anyone know if they cam out with their 125 grain head yet? thats about as light as I would go.

What fixed bladed heads fly the same as field points? To this date, I have not founds any.

For best all around head, I would have to say any Muzzy Head.
Old 02-28-2003, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

I' ve used Bear Razorheads, Rocky Mountain (I think they were called) and at present I am using 100 gr Thunderheads.

The next time I buy broadheads, I may try Muzzy' s [I' m vacillating] but my Thunderheads print with my field points, and I cannot say enough about their sharpness and they tune and fly great. So they' re great and the reason I am vacillating is because off my motto " If it ain' t broke don' t fix it!"
Old 02-28-2003, 01:51 PM
pup

wow this is the fastest i have ever got a reply its bean like 60 seconds.. i would really like a head that i dont have to change my sight too much because i shoot alot of 3d and i dont want to mess up my setup too much.. i have been hearing alot of good about the muzzys would you all suggest the 3 blade or the 4?
Old 02-28-2003, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot almost all Muzzy heads out there from 75 grain to 145 grain. Currently, or should I say the last deer that I shot last year was with a four bladed 145 grain. I would say it is really a matter of preference. I prefer the four blade bacause if the ease of sharpening. I wouldn' t say one is better then the other.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:07 PM

The best flying fixed blade would be the Austin bloodtrailer wedgehead. It says right on the package ' worlds tightest grouping broadhead.' Dont know of any other broadhead that says this on the package.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Natty, had to laugh, your post really reminded me of a scene from the movie Tommy Boy, when he was trying to sell brake pads to a fellow.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have always had good results with Bear razorheads.

Quick Reply: best flying fixed blade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.