Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me out guys.  Not excited about it this year. >

Help me out guys. Not excited about it this year.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me out guys. Not excited about it this year.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help me out guys. Not excited about it this year.

This is my firstpost in about 4 months. I haven't been shooting at all, and to be honest I haven't even missed it much.

I stopped shooting my bow in February when my MBA classes started, and I haven't touched my bow at all since then. I'm not even all that excited about hunting season this year. Normally this time of year I'm salivating at the thought but this year it's different.

I've got zero motivation to even start shooting again. I just don't have the fire yet. I think it has to do with the fact that my dad (who has always been my hunting partner) isn't doing well right now. He's about to have his foot amputated from a motorcycle accident that happened over a year ago. The accident caused him to miss hunting season last year and he's talking about giving up bowhunting since he doesn't think he'll be physically able to do it anymore.

I'm looking for some motivation guys. Anything that can help me get the juices flowing (pics, stories, etc). I appreciate it.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help me out guys. Not excited about it this year.

Does this help some.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

One more if you like hog hunting.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its your job to motivate your dad, he could still do it if he wanted too. My dad has cancer an he doesn't hunt but he loves to fish an in courage him every chance I get a chance too.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks AR.

Once he gets past this operation I plan on doing all I can to get him back out in the woods. I think he'll be okay but it will take some time to adjust to the changes.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

hey man try this website. there is taxi pics, trail cam pics if you like to watch the bones grow, and hunting tips from guys who are legends (took me hours to read and printed them out). www.bowhunting.com. try it man im hooked. by the way ill be praying for you dad. watch hunting shows too WOW now i gotta go pop in a drury dvd lol
Old 06-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Thanks AR.

Once he gets past this operation I plan on doing all I can to get him back out in the woods. I think he'll be okay but it will take some time to adjust to the changes.
Ya know I bet it will only take the one time to get him back into the woods! Once he sees he can do it and how much he misses it he will do what it takes with some help from his son! You need to be strong for your dad and get him back in the woods! Good luck this season and I hope your Pops operation go well!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly gzg.. I know exactly how you feel. I too have been pretty lax on getting my hunting season going here. This year even later than any other.

My wife calls it the bear inside me. Every year it sleeps for a period of time and I really don't want to do anything hunting related. I still go into the woods to watch deer.. but its a much more relaxed setting for myself.

Than one day as always the bear awakes inside me (just happened about 2 days ago) and suddenly I want to hunt again. It's as though my blood just starts flowing again or something.. can't explain it.. but my wife refers to it as the sleeping bear.

Sooner or later I think it awakes in everyone.. and it will in you too.

(postscript, this is probably the most touchy feely post i've ever made.. and i'm not to sure if i am proud of that.[&:] but i don't like men and i still love women.. so its all good.)
Old 06-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

good luck
Old 06-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

See im the opposite, im freaking out!

But i hope you do get your motivation back

Quick Reply: Help me out guys. Not excited about it this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.