HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help me out guys. Not excited about it this year.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:12 PM
gzg38b
Nontypical Buck

Default Help me out guys. Not excited about it this year.

This is my firstpost in about 4 months. I haven't been shooting at all, and to be honest I haven't even missed it much.

I stopped shooting my bow in February when my MBA classes started, and I haven't touched my bow at all since then. I'm not even all that excited about hunting season this year. Normally this time of year I'm salivating at the thought but this year it's different.

I've got zero motivation to even start shooting again. I just don't have the fire yet. I think it has to do with the fact that my dad (who has always been my hunting partner) isn't doing well right now. He's about to have his foot amputated from a motorcycle accident that happened over a year ago. The accident caused him to miss hunting season last year and he's talking about giving up bowhunting since he doesn't think he'll be physically able to do it anymore.

I'm looking for some motivation guys. Anything that can help me get the juices flowing (pics, stories, etc). I appreciate it.