Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 serrated broadheads >

serrated broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

serrated broadheads

Old 06-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default serrated broadheads

I know there are a handful of broadheads out there with serrated edges, the magnus stinger buzzcut is one that comes to mind, and my question is why would you want a broadhead with a serrated edge? Are there benefits you gain from it, or is it purely a way to make a broadhead look "cool". I always understood that a broadhead kills by hemoraging, and a shaving sharp broadhead makes a clean cut, which prevents clotting. It seems to me that a serrated edge would cause a more jagged cut and would clot easier, and thus would be less effective then a smooth blade. Anyways, if anyone had an answer I'd be curious to hear it, and if anyone does shoot a broadhead with serrated blades I'd like to hear why you chose it, thanks
Old 06-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: serrated broadheads

I have Magnus Stingers and Stinger Buzzcuts. I have heard that the serrated edge of the Buzzcut will slice through tough tissue, cartlidge, tendons, and yes, possibly even bone.

If you have time and really want to read a massive flame-war type of thread, check out this free-for-all over at Bowsite.com!

http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=351413&messages=179&fo rum=2

Old 06-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: serrated broadheads

Thanks for the imput and I will check out the link