HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ok, lets get to know each other
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 12:01 PM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: ok, lets get to know each other

I'm Jeff, from North Carolina
I'm43
I llove being a husband, a father, a businessman...and hunting is my hobby.

I've been bowhunting seriously for about 2.5 years. My first season ('05) saw me take only one ill-advised shot. I had no idea of what I was doing......and I probably shouldn't have been in a tree with a weapon.

Through the teachings of MANY, MANY of the members here.....I connected with my first whitetail (7-point buck) on Sept. 30th, 2006. I ended up taking 4 more deer that year....including a piebald and my first "wall-hanger" (8-point, 106+"). I followed up that season with a 9 deer season in '07 that was highlighted by a 4.5yr old/103" buck I had seen in my previous 2 seasons....but couldn't seal the deal on. He's with my previous 8-pointer on the wall, now. He was a great deer, to ME, for many reasons.

I took 2 turkeys via scatter gun, during my days in SC. I recently started bowhunting turkeys and took my first and only in '07. I got skunked in '08 on the birds....but only go tto hunt them 6 times (compared to 25 hunts in '06). I hope to add to this total in future years. I'm intrigued by them.

I started hunting small game in my single digit years with friends of my grandpa. I hunted about any small game you could think of until I went away to college (baseball). After college.....my hunting consisted of small game, until I was bitten by the waterfowl bug. I got into it to hunt....but found my passion training my dog to retrieve. I still miss my friend. I've taken more ducks than some.....andnever considered deer hunting until my son bought a bow in '05. I've been a deer hunting enthusiast, every since.....taking 14 whitetails.

I've also dabbled in deep sea fishing and in and off-shore fishing while a resident of Charleston, SC. Even did a TON of mtn. flyfishing before I moved to SC.

I've been blessed to hunt fertile grounds....and I've picked up more for '08. I plan to hunt less this year than in years past......but I plan on hunting smarter. I read about deer hunting every week....sometimes every day.

I owe more (when it comes to hunting)to this site and a handful of members than they'll ever know.

That's "me".