Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blazers

Old 06-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blazers

Wat do u all think about useing blazers for hunting? they look so small that i dont know if i would like them or not.So tell me if u guys do and y.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blazers

There is a new topic that asks the same question basically as you ask.. Currently it's only about 5 lines under this post..

Bohning Blazers, check it out..

Oh, I like them and they do work very well for hunting.. They fly very well with fixed blade broadheads..
Old 06-08-2008, 05:36 AM

Default RE: Blazers

I fletched using the tiger stripe Blazers with a Blazer tiger stripe wrap, and Goat Tuff glue; held each Blazer firmly in place for about 70 seconds.
My bow is paper tuned and using the Slick Trick standards the Blazer fletched arrows will fly with my field points and strike a 3'' circle at 30 yards (arrow speed 274 fps), if I'm shooting perfect (for me)then I'll go for 40 yards.
Couple of days ago I was shooting 40 yards checking broadheads. I wanted to use this particular head because I shot a deer with it last year. First shot hit the orange, I pulled the 2nd shot a couple of inches, 3rd shot was a virtual "Robin hood" of the 1st shot. You can see the multiple blade slits coming from the same hole. Good enough for me replace the blades and that head goes hunting again.
So yes, I think the Blazers control compact broadheads.