Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who has changed the way..... >

who has changed the way.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who has changed the way.....

Old 05-29-2008, 04:40 PM

Default who has changed the way.....

anyone changed the way you hunt? orinfluenced you to change the way you hunt? celebs, HNI memebers, family, friends???? I would have to say no, I have not been influenced by anyone, I have mad respect for many, but not influenced to change my hunting.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: who has changed the way.....

Nearly everyone I have ever met.. or spoken with.. or read.

The trick is understanding what your hearing and seperating the good advice from the bad.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

me, i change the way i hunt my spots almost every year ,but i would have to say hunting magazines i love reading anything about hunting,and so far ive been beyond blessed with sucess .
Old 05-29-2008, 05:04 PM

really?? I get very little from mags, I mean I may pick up some tuning tips or tech stuff but rarely do I read anything that would pertain to where and how I hunt.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

it has not changed my way extremely but i do pick up somethings and try to put them to use ,plus i read magazines when sitting in a stand most of the times ,so im going to be stuborn and say atleast it makes the time go by on those all day sits .
Old 05-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not had anyone who had an overwelming effect on how I hunt now. I read like crazy growing up - then I hit the woods and realised that that info only gave a very general idea of what was going on. My older brother showed me more than anyone else, and I learned most of my lessons in the first few years the hard way.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big time! Uncle Wally was as close to a hunting mentor as any I've ever had. He wasn't my Uncle of course... he was the advisor of our Rod and Gun Club at the Citadel.. Colonel West to be exact. The man pretty much taught me everything I know about bow hunting that I didn't learn on my own. He definately fostered the interest and gave me a place to hunt quite often.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

My Dad:He taught me how to find good areas (funnels,pinch points &travel corridors) and taught to figure out why they would use it.
My Uncle:He always said hold out for something a littlebetter.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most recently my neighbor. He makes me think harder before we do anything.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

I read over the years that bean feilds are good to hunt but for some reason i can't get myself to put a stand on the other end of the woods to hunt it .I keep thinking if i hunt there i'll miss a nice a buck coming threw on my other stand .My feinds at work keep telling me you'll never know what going threw untill you hunt down there . I see alot of good sign down there rubs, scrapes, droppings, and deer tracks and still i get seem to hunt that end. mybe i''l give it a shot this year who knows i might get a nice buck and then i'll be kicking myself for not huntinh it sooner

Quick Reply: who has changed the way.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.