Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who has changed the way..... >

who has changed the way.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who has changed the way.....

Old 05-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: who has changed the way.....

Everyone that I hunt with or discuss hunting with has an influence on me. Books and mag. have also shaped my hunting.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad. Then again, I'm not old enough yet to go out by myself. He talks waaaaay too much while we hunt...
Old 05-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

well forme not he way I hunt but the way I shoot and to be honest I am trying to go back to the way I used to shoot. I need to shoot for fun and have fun!
Old 05-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

My dad has a huge influence on how I hunt. I've taken more advice from that man then anyone else. A few people on here as well have put some excellent points out there that I plan on doing and trying this fall. There's always room to learn with me. I'm not a book learner, I like to hear it from the horses mouth. When I quit learning its time to hang it up.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nearly everyone I have ever met.. or spoken with.. or read.

The trick is understanding what your hearing and seperating the good advice from the bad.
x2
Old 05-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I usually hunt the way that makes me feel right, for instance, i will not hunt deer over a feeder, but i do have one set up for my game cameras and to hold deer in my area. I actually didnt hunt within 200 yards of it last year.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well...My dad died when I was 20 and he was a small game hunter...But I have lived and hunted in NC, GA, VA and SC...By living in different areas I have changed how I hunt simply because the food sources are different...Most folks can't identify a red oak from a white oak, or know what food sources to hunt during different times of the season...Guess I'm saying that during the past 30 years or so that I have changed how I hunt, but it's not due to hunting with someone else, it's due to different habitats encountered...
Old 05-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

I have not been influenced by anyone, I have mad respect for many, but not influenced to change my hunting.
So you never try anything new?

I try a lot of things that I hear or read about. As said in an earlier post, it is about sorting out the good from the bad. I do it by trial and error and replications of certain tactics or beliefs.

By doing so, I have learned a lot of things I didn't know beforehand and can categorize a lot of other things as gimmicks/nonsense,etc. But I would never know for sure without testing/experimenting withthese things firsthand.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would say the Bucks themselves that I have chased for 40 years have had the biggest influence on the way I hunt. I learn something from them every year.

As far as Celebs: Fred Bear, Gene Wensel, & Bobby Worthington have all had there influence on me in one way or another.

Dan
Old 05-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The more I see of this gaint planet, the less I understand. I am all ears. My mind is wide open. I strive to know more about tracking from the black african bushmen, for example. I have learned enough, but not enough...

I have learned that when you stop learning you stop living.

Quick Reply: who has changed the way.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.