Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 pay more after you leave.....? >

pay more after you leave.....?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pay more after you leave.....?

Old 05-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default pay more after you leave.....?

this past weekend, i went hoghunting on a ranch, shot a hog, tracked and tracked. Lost blood trail, after day and a half of looking, gave up the search. that was sunday...

last night i get a call from the ranch owner, that he had found my hog, and it was above the trophy limit of 150lbs, being an "estimated" 160lbs, and the cutters where long, he wants me to meet him half way on the deal.

yeah it sucks that i didn't recover my animal and all, but what do you guys think? is he in the right by asking?

I have no proof on this, other than he "will email me a picture of it".
Old 05-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-22-2008, 08:25 AM

Default RE: pay more after you leave.....?

I dont know.... i would want an official weight and not just an estimate. I would also like to go see the animal if that is possible. Was it a "no kill no pay" type of hunt or trophy fee type??
Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you shot it why wouldn't you pay him for it? Did he some how notuphold his part of the deal by suppling you with a place to hunt and the opportunity to kill an animal. Your ineptness is in no way his fault. Pay the man what you owe him and practice a little more before you go out again.[:-]
Old 05-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

the fact that I did pay is the issue, the fee was 250.00 for the weekend that gets you accomodations, meals, and 1 hog up to 150lbs.

now his rules are if you draw blood then it counts as a kill, i was fine with that. but calling me with an "estimate" of 160lbs. that just seems shady.

the whole trip had its shady moments, breakfast was to be included, no breakfast. air conditioned bunk house, he told us he cut the cord off of it because the last guys there left it on. also before he weighed my buddy's hog, he said, "my scales are about 5 lbs off, they show 5 lbs to much" once the hog was weighed, 150lbs, he wanted the trophy fee, we all said hangon a sec, you just told us it was 5lbs off. with his next breath, he said "no i didn't, but I will let this one slide..."

this guy is a crook, in my eyes.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

I wouldnt pay him anything. Can he prove it was the hog you shot? Before I payed I would have to be there for the weighing and be dang sure it was the hog you shot and I would still be skeptical. Apparently the Trophy fee cant be that much if he let your buddy "SLIDE". So I am sure you can get him to let you "SLIDE" aswell. Sounds like a sorry place to do business with...
Old 05-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well if he's a crook tell him to go pound salt,
And the next time you ask a question maybe throw in some of the facts.[8D]
Old 05-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

that's what I am saying, its 100.00 bucks, no fortune by no means.

"estimate" of 160lbs after sunday-wed of bloating in the heat?? No-way.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you had found your animal you would had paid that right? ie there was a trophy fee involved? so if you didn't harvest anything.....you wouldn't have paid?

I think you shot/killed a hog, if thats the trophy fee.....you did take an animal just didn't find it....

I think that's how it works in africa too, if you shoot/wound, you pay, whether found or not.

I guess this should've been discussed ahead of time about trophy fees and what ifs.....

Tell him to ship you some meat in exchange for that fee.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Tell him to consider that hundred bucks a refund for no air-condtitioning and no breakfast. Sounds like poor business practice to me. If he was running a good business and followed through with everything promised I would say you owe him the fee.

Quick Reply: pay more after you leave.....?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.