Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 pay more after you leave.....? >

pay more after you leave.....?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pay more after you leave.....?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: pay more after you leave.....?

It sounds like he did his part and put you on the hog.I think you owe him something and if he's meeting in the middle I'd say pay up.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: fletch920

Tell him to consider that hundred bucks a refund for no air-condtitioning and no breakfast. Sounds like poor business practice to me. If he was running a good business and followed through with everything promised I would say you owe him the fee.
if all was good, then I would pay it no problem. already paid 250.00 for the weekend and the chance to hunt.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Going by what info has been posted, I wouldn't trust his "estimate" or that it was in fact the hog you wounded. I would want proof of both. If he has that, than $50 bucks isn't out of the question. Then count it as a lesson learned and don't hunt with the guy again.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Dominant Buck

"Drawblood" isn't a kill unless the animal expires as a result, and he has no way to prove that it's the same hog that you shot. He sounds like a crook, and him giving you an estimate instead of a pic of the hog hanging from a certified scale(the only kind legal for trade) is enough proof. Tell him to kiss your ass and warn your friends not to go there.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Several sticking points here.Can he really prove that is the hog that the guy wounded. Hell, maybe the thing is still out wandering the brush with a scratch on its butt. And what aboutthe "estimated weight" of a hog that has been dead for a week. Is anybody really gonna load up a rotting carcass and put it on a scale anyway? He got his original agreed upon fee and now, as far as i am concerned, he can't really prove that it was 160 pounds. So, i dont see any legal obligation to pay him any more. And i sure as hell wouldnt pay a cent if he is, by his own admission, using screwed up scales.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Several sticking points here.Can he really prove that is the hog that the guy wounded. Hell, maybe the thing is still out wandering the brush with a scratch on its butt. And what aboutthe "estimated weight" of a hog that has been dead for a week. Is anybody really gonna load up a rotting carcass and put it on a scale anyway? He got his original agreed upon fee and now, as far as i am concerned, he can't really prove that it was 160 pounds. So, i dont see any legal obligation to pay him any more. And i sure as hell wouldnt pay a cent if he is, by his own admission, using screwed up scales.
that is what i am thinking.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

If you shot it why wouldn't you pay him for it? Did he some how notuphold his part of the deal by suppling you with a place to hunt and the opportunity to kill an animal. Your ineptness is in no way his fault. Pay the man what you owe him and practice a little more before you go out again.[:-]
You continue to make me laugh bawana!All kidding aside though, it sounds like you could have done more to research this guys opperation? Talk to past clients, both successful and not. This is where the old saying, "buyer beware" comes from!.
I read numerous magazine articles from previous years, used the internet, and talked with guys over the phone who actually hunted with themanI now use. This gives you peace of mind, and a positive attitude, which is very important. You also know there won't be any surprises. Even though this was only a hog hunt, it still aplies.Oh well, live and learn.
I wouldn' give him anymore money though.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea i would not pay him
Old 05-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

I would not pay him, this is one of the manyreasons I would never go on a hunt that you have to pay moreif you are succesful (trophy fee)
Old 05-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd be happy to pay a trophy fee for that gal in Steven McBee's avatar. But, i would iimagine that some rich guy has beat me to it[8D]

Quick Reply: pay more after you leave.....?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.