Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 pay more after you leave.....? >

pay more after you leave.....?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pay more after you leave.....?

Old 05-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pay more after you leave.....?

ORIGINAL: fletch920

Tell him to consider that hundred bucks a refund for no air-condtitioning and no breakfast. Sounds like poor business practice to me. If he was running a good business and followed through with everything promised I would say you owe him the fee.
I have to agree on this.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

x3

No way Id pay for an estimated weight.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

My cousin's electric company once screwed up on checking his meter. So, they sent him a bill that included a fee marked "estimated amount due." He sent them back amuch smaller check with the notation "Estimated payment" on it.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

OK heres my take on the matter.I understand that it was a hunt were extra charges apply if a trophy hog is killed,but to not find the hog then to call only after you left and tell you that he estamates that the hog was 10 lbs over the trophy limit is ludacrus,now if the animal was recovered while still there I would say pay the man,or if there was a way he could prove it was your hog and verify the weight then I would sa pay the man,but based on the info you have provided I would have to say no way would he get another red cent from me.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like he broke the contract first when he provided no breakfast and AC! I wouldn't of paid him the $250 either and would of left! jmo
Old 05-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

an update....today he called one of the others in my party, and gave them the SAME SPEACH.....after my friend told him it wasn't possible that is was mine or his (he full on missed, but could not find his arrow), he said "oh then I made a mistake, i guess it must have been one of the people he had out the weekend before...."

well I am out on this place, will not go back. thanks for the input fella's
Old 05-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hmthtrfan

the fact that I did pay is the issue, the fee was 250.00 for the weekend that gets you accomodations, meals, and 1 hog up to 150lbs.

now his rules are if you draw blood then it counts as a kill, i was fine with that. but calling me with an "estimate" of 160lbs. that just seems shady.

the whole trip had its shady moments, breakfast was to be included, no breakfast. air conditioned bunk house, he told us he cut the cord off of it because the last guys there left it on. also before he weighed my buddy's hog, he said, "my scales are about 5 lbs off, they show 5 lbs to much" once the hog was weighed, 150lbs, he wanted the trophy fee, we all said hangon a sec, you just told us it was 5lbs off. with his next breath, he said "no i didn't, but I will let this one slide..."

this guy is a crook, in my eyes.
I'd tell that guy which way was up!!!! You don't owe him SQUAT!!!! You paid for an AIR-CONDITIONED bunkhouse and didn't get it, BREAKFAST that never was served, and the guy was trying to take your buddies money with some scale discrepancy lie, I think the only thing he's owed is a BIG OLE CAN of WHOOPASS!!!! You guys must be the "NICE GUY" type, because he'd have gotten and ear and maybe a face full from me if I'd been in your shoes!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats bull dude, i would tell him to prove it weighted that much and if he could not i would not give him a thing.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

Did you get a good look at the hog before you shot it? Didn't know if you seen any unique markings on the hog that he would only know, if in deed heactually found it. Tell him to discribe what it looked like to you, may give you a good idea if he really found it. Unless you discribed it in detail while you were looking for it? Just a thought. Then go tell him about the AC and no breakfast and call it even.......and don't go bacK, he does sound shady!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:52 PM

10LB difference on an "estimated" weight when you weren't there, I don't think so Tim.[:'(] If you were inclined to pay it for some reason, I would ask for the skull....you did say the cutters were pretty long right? After four days, the hide and meat would be pretty useless, but you could still do a Euro mount.

Quick Reply: pay more after you leave.....?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.