Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your Other Life- >

Your Other Life-

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your Other Life-

Old 05-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Other Life-

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

oilpatch, that sounds like a pretty good deal you got there, month on then a month off, I could get used to that!

Yeah it works out pretty well, the only downfall is that one year you will catch the rut and the next you will miss it.....I will be missing it this year, but will be coming in right at the end of it...I might catch one or two does still hot...I guess we will see.....
Old 05-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a Design engineer for a small family company. (my family ) We manufacture industrial valve controls. I do design and testing on new and existing products. I work Monday-Thursday and work 10 hours a day (so fridays are off) Usually isn'tstraight 40 hours but thats life. I work with and for my best freind (my dad) and we goof off when we can and work hard when we have to. Works out nice.

I took a morning off this past hunting seasonon a spurt of the moment thing.Basicaly I just went hunting instead of work. Killed my buck that morning. Dad left work to come helpme drag him out. It was much better with him and my grandfather there.

I used to work in satellite communications. I worked on the Iridium porject. I worked for Motorola and Boeing on the project. I controlled the spacecraft for them. But it was away from home and I wanted to get the family back here to Ohio. Glad I did even though the pay isn't the same... Other stuff far outways that.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Canuck 2, cool. My dad was a dedicated rock hound all my life. We have lots of relatives in Canada. Every trip anywhere, but especially Canada was always interrupted at every rock outcropping, mine or hole in the ground to check for ROCKS. LOL

OH,... the question.... my other life. What???? There's something other than dead beat retired lazy no good fisherman, hunter, golfer, chow houndbum?
Old 05-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: lnen#1

C is for the old Conrail we obtained in a merger, the S is Seaboard, not exactly sure what the X represents I think it stands for X-Convicts, the managers and upper level guys I have to work for.
That's funny right there.I have a buddy who works for CSX. Me, I'm a climber, not always for hunting purposes.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:17 PM

I am a personal/business banker
Old 05-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am by trade a flight dispatcher (JAA rated) although I am now HM customs & excise/ border control/ aviation & maritime security for the TSA at Glasgow International Airport

I work all kinda shifts but I get 5 weeks paid vacation, enough to go state-side for bowhunting and vacationing too
Old 05-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Retired from a Steel Mill 32 years-did every job imanigible there.
During that time I owned 2 Archery Shops & Lanes for 15 year+ & b/4 retiring started producing informational videos-still do that since I do a lot of Bowhunting most years.
My wife & I take teens into our home that no one else seems to want give a little care & direction.Anyway-we have a full & rewarding life after retirement-our 3 girls & 2 boys are grown & have all done well. Oh, my wife still works-she is a Registered Nurse.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

well right now im only 15, but when i turn 16 i plan on working in the local archery shop.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ahunter55

Retired from a Steel Mill 32 years-did every job imanigible there.
During that time I owned 2 Archery Shops & Lanes for 15 year+ & b/4 retiring started producing informational videos-still do that since I do a lot of Bowhunting most years.
My wife & I take teens into our home that no one else seems to want give a little care & direction.Anyway-we have a full & rewarding life after retirement-our 3 girls & 2 boys are grown & have all done well. Oh, my wife still works-she is a Registered Nurse.

Thats awesome what your doing with the teens.Do you teach them archery

Quick Reply: Your Other Life-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.