Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your Other Life- >

Your Other Life-

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your Other Life-

Old 05-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Other Life-

I work in the oilfield and am a electrical supervisor over a couple rigs in Mexico.....The pay is good, the time off is what I do it for though...I get a month off every other month....That allows me to hunt moreand spend more time with the family than the 9-5 used to...And again that month off is what it is all about!!!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

oilpatch, that sounds like a pretty good deal you got there, month on then a month off, I could get used to that!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 AM

Warehouse manager. Work in a 120,000 square foot building, in the middle of nowhere, all by myself....I come to work and see deer, turkey, bald eagles....It's just aweful. If you were to look in the right box....You just MIGHT find a yellow jacket bag target.....
Old 05-21-2008, 10:57 AM

CPA... I primarily perform financial statement audits for schools, cities, and various other not for profit companies... It's all sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll.. Trust me
Old 05-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

in college for Park and Resource management and got into a seasonal federal law enforcment training for next year.

leaving in a couple days to work at Cape Cod National Seashore for the summer....

worked alot of crap jobs...burger king, walmart, valet parking, landscaped last summer...finally heading towards "the real world" with this job....shouldnt be the mickey mouse BS that the last jobs brought...should be a good job.

next summer i should be working for the national park service as an LE ranger if all goes well with the training.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

I am a industrial machinery technician.I build,repair and install mechanical and electricalmachinery formanufacturing companies.I get to travel all over the world working for the largest producers of Coffee,Beer,Nuts,Cheese,Tobacco and all kinds of pharmecuticals.The job pays very well but Im burned out on the traveling though.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

I have have mine own 1-man computer consulting firm. The pay is good and I can ask the boss for time-off whenever I want to go hunting!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

Operations Manager for a Systems Integrator. (highend home automation/theaters/etc.)

Work is mindless most the time, but pays the bills.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:22 AM

I work for a Local School District in their Printing Services Department as a Graphic Designer. Been here for almost 6 months now and Love it!!! Great district that pays well and you can't beat the state retirement, But I also work on the side at the Bryce Jordan Center on the campus of Penn State University working security for concerts, sporting events and different shows, Then in the Fall I work the Lettermens Gate at PSU Football games and on top of all that I still find time to help out at a local archery shop during their busy season. All in all Im pretty busy.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:23 AM

Iron Man.

Oops, did I give it away?

Quick Reply: Your Other Life-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.