Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tom Miranda?

Old 02-26-2003, 10:23 AM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tom Miranda?

But his bowhunts for Grizzly and Cape buffalo have really impressed me alot.
Didn' t impress me any. He took lousey shots on both animals. Quartering-towards in front of the shoulder on a cape? What a completely assinine shot to take on an animal like that.

What about the mountian goat and muskox head-on? He shoots this big thing in the side of the face. It woofs and turns to run with his arrow dangling off it' s cheek, and the next thing you see is it laying on the ground doing the " death kick" ? Oh yeah. I' m betting the guide didn' t rack a few rounds in that one (<-sarcasm).

And why in God' s green earth he felt the need to show that clip of shooting the whitetail in the head over and over and over again is beyond me.

I think he could use a refresher course in shot placement ethics. IMO he' s just one more TV killer that bowhunting would be better served without.

JRW
Old 02-26-2003, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations, Doc! You' ve just proved their marketing strategy works. You' re SUPPOSED to be jealous of those guys, jealous enough that you' ll spend your money to go hunt and fish those same ranches and resorts and use the same outfitters and guides that the TV dudes use. Of course, it helps when you' ve got the money to spend.

Fortunately, I don' t have excess cash laying around that I could spend that way, so the ploy doesn' t work on me.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:27 PM

at first i thought he was a goof, but he seems ok now.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:01 PM

I have seen him a few times on TV - he seems cool to me.

Old 02-27-2003, 08:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

We hunters are a tough group aren' t we? Don' t like this guy because he doesn' t get excited,but that guy gets too excited. This guy never shows his bad shots and that guy shows too many of his mistakes.

It reminds me of a bunch of women when a knockout walks into a bar. How can she wear that? Blah blah blah.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:14 AM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Charlie,

There' s a difference between a guy who takes an otherwise good shot and makes a bad hit, versus a guy who takes garbage shots to begin with. Tom Miranda, from what I' ve seen, is formly entrenched in the latter.

JRW
Old 02-27-2003, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

JRW,I know i was just being a wise guy.