Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help Me Pick A Sight >

Help Me Pick A Sight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help Me Pick A Sight

Old 02-20-2003, 01:40 PM

Default Help Me Pick A Sight

I posted this question in the Technical forum because it seems to get a lot more traffic and the folks there are more " gadget oriented" but since I primarily bowhunt and only shoot spots and 3D to be better at bowhunting, I thought I would post this here, too.

I need a new sight to go on my Legacy. I' ve been shooting a while with my Cobra Brite-Eye sight (Wal-Mart clearance for $3) while I decide what I really want in a sight. I am primarily going to hunt with my bow, and I intend to shoot spots and eventually 3D to be better for bowhunting. Right now, I' m thinking that I would like either a 3 or 5-pin sight with small-diameter fiber optic pins (.019 probably), but have those pins very bright for their size. I don' t really need a circular pin guard, as I use a No Peep instead of a peep sight. Because of the No Peep, though, I would like for the sight to have a little more adjustment room to the left than my crappy Cobra does now. I' m only about 3/16" away from the pin guard now when sighted in. I would also prefer to have a level on the sight, but it' s not absolutely necessary since I have the No Peep. Same with camo, preferable but not necessary.

Anyone know of a sight that suits my needs? The most important feature is precise, very bright pins.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2003, 02:18 PM

Default RE: Help Me Pick A Sight

Three top of the line brands that fit your criteria are Copper Johns, Extreme, and Spot Hogg. All have levels good adjustability and .019 pins.
Old 02-20-2003, 02:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-20-2003, 03:34 PM

I would say the Spot-Hogg, Hunter Hogg-It sight. But it' s going to set you back quite a bit . You could buy about 50 of the $3 sights you are shooting now. You won' t find a Spot-Hogg at WAL-MART for $3 that' s for sure!
Old 02-20-2003, 03:39 PM

I' m not expecting to get a good sight for $3.

I do like the design of the Spot Hoggs, but I don' t think they are worth the prices they want for them for the uses I intend. I am really liking the looks of the Impact Archery sight called the Collector, and it' s less than half the price of that Spott Hogg.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do not know the " collector" to look at it but my experiences with the Impact sights have been nothing but favorable so far. I have teh Cosmis Eclipse model and was thinking about a multiple pin unit to compliment it. My only complaint was that the model I was looking at did not have very tight pin gaps.
Old 02-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

Jason check out this rear sight, that you can use with your existing front sight.
it' s kinda like a rifle sight.

it' s called the yikes bowsight.
I have one and I really like the concept.
OH, you don' t have to use a peep either.
that' s what I like about it.
Old 02-22-2003, 06:20 PM

Try the Optimizer Lite by HHA Sports @ http://www.hhasports.com/

It' s a one pin adjustable sight. It also has the option of attaching a small light to illuminate your fiber optic pin for first and last light. I have this sight on my Hoyt and my Bowtech and I love it!
Old 02-22-2003, 06:59 PM

I would say check out copper john and tru-glo. They make real good quality sights.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Jason, here' s what I want you to do on your next practice session. Do it in the rain or simulate rain by misting a little water on your No-peep. Now come to full draw and view the prism that once was your anchor reference. I know this isnt the intention of your post but since you' re from WA I know that place is like the Amazon sometimes.

I shot the No-Peep for almost two years before that bit me during last years white tail season in WV. I REALLY liked the No Peep and shot it well plus I liked the simplicity and speed of having nothing but a nock and leaches on my string. But when I was done letting fork horns and six points walk at the end of the season last year waiting for something better I got bitten. I decided to take the next buck that came along and when he was broad side at 30 yards I couldnt shoot (with confidence) because the No-Peep was unuseable with rain drops on it. It was even worse when it snowed.

good luck

Cargo

Quick Reply: Help Me Pick A Sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.