HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Black Ice not pulling its weight (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/246352-black-ice-not-pulling-its-weight.html)

Swift Arrow 05-17-2008 10:58 AM

RE: Black Ice not pulling its weight

I am not so sure that I will. I am only losing what, 5 or 10 fps? I will probably just put it up for sale after the season to upgrade and get another Diamond anyhow depending on what they come out with. It is still a sweet shooter. I am just being nit picky. I am like that unfortunately.

Swift Arrow 05-17-2008 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

I am pretty confident that it is only pulling in the 60's. I will take it to Gander Mountain and the local archery shop tomorrow. I don't know if it is worth the cost of gas to find out, but it bothers me that it would fall short of what is stamped on the birth cert. Grrrrrr.....

Don't get me wrong though, it is still a sweet shooting bow. Just losing a little bit of trust is all I am sayin'.....
Why would you be loosing some trust? It might be the scale that was off or maybe you cable stretched thus reducing your poundage?
No, I jumped the gun a little. Remember, I am new to this stuff!

Is cable twisting a safe thing to do?

RefusetoFollow 05-17-2008 11:58 AM

Thanks Dan, I had a few different experienced shooters pull it back and they agreed that it was in the 60's. I even pulled back my buddies Drenalin at 72 and could barely do it. There is no question that it is amiss.
If you could barely pull your friends bow back at 72# why would you want your bow maxed out anyway?

Matt/TN 05-17-2008 12:02 PM

I am pretty confident that it is only pulling in the 60's. I will take it to Gander Mountain and the local archery shop tomorrow. I don't know if it is worth the cost of gas to find out, but it bothers me that it would fall short of what is stamped on the birth cert. Grrrrrr.....

Don't get me wrong though, it is still a sweet shooting bow. Just losing a little bit of trust is all I am sayin'.....
Why would you be loosing some trust? It might be the scale that was off or maybe you cable stretched thus reducing your poundage?

Cable twisting is perfectly fine. I do it all the time.

MeanV2 05-17-2008 01:39 PM

Tightening/Twisting the string will cause you to lose #'s

Tightening/Twisting the cables will gain you #'s

Dan

Swift Arrow 05-17-2008 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: RefusetoFollow

Thanks Dan, I had a few different experienced shooters pull it back and they agreed that it was in the 60's. I even pulled back my buddies Drenalin at 72 and could barely do it. There is no question that it is amiss.
If you could barely pull your friends bow back at 72# why would you want your bow maxed out anyway?
Because I am getting there and it won't be much longer.

Swift Arrow 05-17-2008 02:39 PM

Alright cool, I will have my friend just twist the cables a couple of times. Problem solved! Good, because I love my bow. :)

whitetailbowhunter 05-17-2008 03:17 PM

I can't see why it would be unsafe!! Just as long as you don't crank it to 80#:D

Vabowman 05-17-2008 03:55 PM

so what you guys are saying is that after the bow settles and everything stretches, it's good to have the poundage checked and make the adjustments to get it back to where you had it when you bought it? If you want to that is..

whitetailbowhunter 05-17-2008 04:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

so what you guys are saying is that after the bow settles and everything stretches, it's good to have the poundage checked and make the adjustments to get it back to where you had it when you bought it? If you want to that is..
Well that's what I'm saying! :D You will get better performance you of your bow this way. (guys correct me if I'm wrong!)