HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Black Ice not pulling its weight (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/246352-black-ice-not-pulling-its-weight.html)

Swift Arrow 05-16-2008 09:17 PM

Black Ice not pulling its weight

The birth cert states that it IBO's at 299 with a 29" draw at 71 lbs. However, it actually max's out at 68 lbs.

Should I call Bowtech? Has anyone else had this problem?

Swift Arrow 05-16-2008 09:38 PM

RE: Black Ice not pulling its weight

No impact, no idea?

MeanV2 05-16-2008 09:42 PM

Do you know if the scales you are checking the bow on is accurate? 3# is not that much and is easy to get if indeed it is off.

I would check it on a few scales you might get a few different readings. I've seen scales at shops in this area vary 5#

Dan

Swift Arrow 05-16-2008 09:47 PM

Thanks Dan, I had a few different experienced shooters pull it back and they agreed that it was in the 60's. I even pulled back my buddies Drenalin at 72 and could barely do it. There is no question that it is amiss.

MeanV2 05-16-2008 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

Thanks Dan, I had a few different experienced shooters pull it back and they agreed that it was in the 60's. I even pulled back my buddies Drenalin at 72 and could barely do it. There is no question that it is amiss.
I definitely would put No stock in what someone thought it felt like. Each Bow has its own unique draw cycle and will obviously feel different.

Dan

Swift Arrow 05-16-2008 10:02 PM

I am pretty confident that it is only pulling in the 60's. I will take it to Gander Mountain and the local archery shop tomorrow. I don't know if it is worth the cost of gas to find out, but it bothers me that it would fall short of what is stamped on the birth cert. Grrrrrr.....

Don't get me wrong though, it is still a sweet shooting bow. Just losing a little bit of trust is all I am sayin'.....

whitetailbowhunter 05-16-2008 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

I am pretty confident that it is only pulling in the 60's. I will take it to Gander Mountain and the local archery shop tomorrow. I don't know if it is worth the cost of gas to find out, but it bothers me that it would fall short of what is stamped on the birth cert. Grrrrrr.....

Don't get me wrong though, it is still a sweet shooting bow. Just losing a little bit of trust is all I am sayin'.....
Why would you be loosing some trust? It might be the scale that was off or maybe you cable stretched thus reducing your poundage?

bigbulls 05-17-2008 07:37 AM

How many times have you shot this bow before now?

Bowtech makes some of the better factory strings and cables but theywill strech out a little and when they do you will loose some weight.

Swift Arrow 05-17-2008 09:50 AM

I have shot it quite a bit. The archery shop weighed at the same 68 pounds. They tightened the string and it only gained a half of apound.

I guess it doesn't really matter,I am just nit picky. Besides my buddy says he can twist the bus cable a couple of times and maybe even get it up to 72 lbs.

Matt/TN 05-17-2008 10:39 AM

Put a few twists in the split harness. Problem solved.