Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Blood Trail >

Best Blood Trail

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Blood Trail

Old 02-25-2003, 07:46 AM

Default RE: Best Blood Trail

I' ve used Spitfires,Hammerheads,muzzys,first cuts,gators,steelheads ,and snypers. And the thickest ,heaviest,best blood trails have easily been with the Spitfire 3 blades. No Question !! Some of the others were very good but nothing to compare to the Spitfires.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:05 AM

A well placed sharp broadhead that creates an entrance and exit hole in the largest size legal.
I use Thunderheads 3 blades for Deer and Bear 2 bladed with razor inserts for Elk.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Cyclone hit the nail on the head...... SHARP ONES. A 1 1/8 3 blade leaves the same blood trail as a 1 1/8 3 blade.(If they' re sharp) Different animals... different hits.... it all factors in. SHARP and placement are the key to any blood trail. Don' t worry so much about, is there a particular one that makes them bleed better. Worry about is it sharp and does it shoot well from my bow with me doing the shooting.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:16 AM

I use thunderheads but I won' t knock anyones choice of broadheads as others have said as long as they are sharp. I have heard a lot of good things about mechanicals but I have not brought myself to try them. As an ' aside' I carry a squirt bottle of hydrogen peroxide that helps separate a blood trail from the maple leaves here in pa. during archery season. It works like carrying an umbrella to prevent rain; I have never had a deer go more than 30 yards but I carry it anyway.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey hafa8pt: I don' t drink anymore either, does that mean I should carry a 6 pak just in case I decide to.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:14 PM

david, what a good idea!
Old 02-25-2003, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

Naw, you carry that 6 pack in case you run into me....Make sure it' s cold though, I ain' t no brit....
Old 02-25-2003, 01:28 PM

I would have to put my money on Rocket Hammerheads at a 2inch cutting diameter. Leaves a nice big hole. But The most important factor is sharpness have to be razor sharp.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:51 PM

i shoot muzzy and have had a good blood trail with them, it put the deer down in about 40 yards leavin a good blood trail right up to him.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:40 PM

Hi,

That' s funny some people picked the Spitfire' s!

From what I' ve heard from other people is that they were one of the WORST!

Quick Reply: Best Blood Trail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.