Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bear by my house!!!!! >

Bear by my house!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bear by my house!!!!!

Old 05-15-2008, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bear by my house!!!!!

My cousin across the road from our farm had a sow and 2 cubs in their yard yesterday. they estimate her weight at 400+lbs. They are keeping an eye out on her as shes got a tracking collar on her and are going to try to get pics if they see her again.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:51 AM
Bartender

Schultzy you need to get down out of that tree and shave. Playing games like that and trying to fool us pal.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lmao!! How did you know?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:08 AM
Bartender

LMAO you never cut your nails, EVER!
Old 05-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

schultzy, about where are you in mn? My inlaws have trail cam pics of a big bear north of Big Lake. I have lots of them on my land in Isle.

Central MN, is kind of where they taper off (you'd know better then me I'm sure), but they do show up.

my wife is freaked out and doesn't want to go to our land anymore. especially, after I almost stepped on a wounded bear in the dark last year, armed only with a flashlight[]
Old 05-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RackLuster

schultzy, about where are you in mn? My inlaws have trail cam pics of a big bear north of Big Lake. I have lots of them on my land in Isle.

Central MN, is kind of where they taper off (you'd know better then me I'm sure), but they do show up.

my wife is freaked out and doesn't want to go to our land anymore. especially, after I almost stepped on a wounded bear in the dark last year, armed only with a flashlight[]
I'm located 6 miles north of Litchfield. I'm about 45 minutes south of St.Cloud. No one's ever spotted a bear around here to my knowledge. I know better then to say though that there isn't any around being I've seen 2 different sets of tracks the last 10 years or so and a cousin of mine had a sow and 2 cubs living off of his cornfield about 7 years back. 20 years ago no one would believe someone if they seen a bear down this far south but times are changing and there making there way farther south every year. I know people that hunt the no quota area up in Malica NE of St.Cloud that have seen a few bear here and there through out the years. They have lots and lots of oaks there that bear love to feed on. Thats about an hour and a half from me.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's pretty cool. Do you think the population is expanding or he just got lost?
Old 05-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

That's pretty cool. Do you think the population is expanding or he just got lost?
Its actually breeding time now so the boars are on the move and they will put some miles on!! He might of forgot to take a compass reading though as he is a far bit south!! I do think though that they are expanding there territory. Just like the Mountain Lion and everything else that seems to show up at places its never been seen before.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Spike

Wow!! What city or town are you in? I am in Lakeville
Old 05-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kyner

Wow!! What city or town are you in? I am in Lakeville
Litchfield, Mn. 45 miles south of St.Cloud

Quick Reply: Bear by my house!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.