Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Will you teach your children the same way... >

Will you teach your children the same way...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Will you teach your children the same way...

Old 05-09-2008, 03:05 PM

Default RE: Will you teach your children the same way...

With my daughters, I will surely take them the more forgiving route. . at least until I feel they are capable and comfortable doing the dirtywork solo. But with myyoung sidekick that I mentor (ex-girlfriends 15 y/o son). . . I showed him every thing one time, and the kid just took it and RAN!! God love him, the kid is an absolute natural. . .and man, does that my role SO easy. . and enjoyable

Old 05-09-2008, 03:26 PM

Default RE: Will you teach your children the same way...

This will be my son's first trip up north for gun season. Hoping to show him the beauty in great north woods, savor the smell fresh tenders/backstraps bya camp fire at night, while the big boy is hangn' in the tree. Seeing & listening to how busy thewoods really are. Last yr was his first time even going out & getting to see deer close. No shots, but still cool for him. He even has his own new shotgun for this yr. As for bow hunting, still working on getting him a bow set up. But we'll get there. Can't wait for his first kill. I've told him he'll have to drink some of the blood & eat the heart. He's real squemish when it comes to blood.