Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns! >

Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

Old 05-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

ORIGINAL: blackfish

I m catholic and we are against abortion so maybe thats where I get it if your god tells you to go out and shoot babys knock yourself out
Wow thats a new one, using being catholic and against abortion in a thread about shooting fawns.

That being said hunt and kill whatever makes you happy as long as you are legal.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:59 PM
dws

I don't have a problem with anybody taking a fawn. Just as long as they have the common courtesy to wipe the milk of it's lips before they gut it.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

Magic...The problem is we are no longer a rural society, so many on here have never killed a chicken, hog, cow, or even a boxed rabbit to eat...I'd bet most on here would starve if they had to plant a garden and grow their own food, whereas some of us had fathers that taught us how to prepare food for the table, some didn't...

What size fish do you have to catch to eat it??? Next time you eat eggs for breakfast, think about what you are eating...At what point do you decide "it's not right"...
I grew up on a "hobby" farm. We loved our animals. They were our pets. They all had names. Then we ate them. It was just the way it was and we accepted it.
LOL I don't let my wife and daughter name the chigkens we are going to eat. We just hatched out 15 chicks and they are already trying to name them . But they both understand that even if it's named we still eat it (except for the couple that are "pets"). One time my daughter asked what we were having for dinner and I told her "99" soup (one of the roosters LOL). My daughterhas watched while we skinned out deer (one was a fawn, gasp!)and chickens. As soon as I can trust her with a sharp knife she'll be helping (she's 7).

nchawkeye has made a hell of a point. You guys would be surprised at how many people ask me if we can eat the eggs our chickens lay or if the hens need a rooster to lay eggs and so on. It is just amazing how ignorant most folks are about where their food comes from.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Magic...The problem is we are no longer a rural society, so many on here have never killed a chicken, hog, cow, or even a boxed rabbit to eat...I'd bet most on here would starve if they had to plant a garden and grow their own food, whereas some of us had fathers that taught us how to prepare food for the table, some didn't...

What size fish do you have to catch to eat it??? Next time you eat eggs for breakfast, think about what you are eating...At what point do you decide "it's not right"...
I grew up on a "hobby" farm. We loved our animals. They were our pets. They all had names. Then we ate them. It was just the way it was and we accepted it.
LOL I don't let my wife and daughter name the chigkens we are going to eat. We just hatched out 15 chicks and they are already trying to name them . But they both understand that even if it's named we still eat it (except for the couple that are "pets"). One time my daughter asked what we were having for dinner and I told her "99" soup (one of the roosters LOL). My daughterhas watched while we skinned out deer (one was a fawn, gasp!)and chickens. As soon as I can trust her with a sharp knife she'll be helping (she's 7).

nchawkeye has made a hell of a point. You guys would be surprised at how many people ask me if we can eat the eggs our chickens lay or if the hens need a rooster to lay eggs and so on. It is just amazing how ignorant most folks are about where their food comes from.
I can remember eating Mr. Magoo, My pet goose, like it was yesterday. We incubated a lot of duck and goose eggs. The young ones thought we were their mama. We even hatched a batch of pheasant eggs. I used to incubate eggs for the kindergarden class at a local school. I would come in and candle them for the kids. Then they would get to watch them hatch.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:40 PM
bigcountry

I m catholic and we are against abortion so maybe thats where I get it if your god tells you to go out and shoot babys knock yourself out
Thats sad. I guarantee you, your priest would not see it like that. He might even ask you to go in the little box and get out your little neckless and start resighting things. But thats between you and him.

I get aggravated sometimes only seeing fawns and does. I sit there and talk to God and ask him, why I can't see more bucks. I pass and pass on doe after doe. Then sometimes it hits me like a rock. Ishould begrateful for what he puts before me. And every year, he has even put mature bucks before me.And I don't take that for granted fawn, doe or120" buck.

Howold are you black? Just curious.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

My younger brother was given a pet goose by one of the "field hands" that worked for us...Dang goose followed him around everywhere...Yep, we ate it for Easter, little brother was teed off...Dad told him to grow up, that's what animals were for, it's is the reason God put us over them...

We also raised pigs, named them as well, any of you guys ever ridden a pig???...It was a hoot...Almost as much fun as frog gigging...

When you grow up in the country, some things are just a given...Hawks and foxes are shot because they get the chickens, rabbits, quail, etc...And a stray dog, or cat won't make it long either, just not tolerated...
Old 05-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

We also raised pigs, named them as well, any of you guys ever ridden a pig???...It was a hoot...Almost as much fun as frog gigging...
Now that's funny. My uncle raised pigs along with being a corn farmer. My cousin and I used to lasso those big ones, jump onand see how long we could hold on. Which usually wasn't very long.Never thought I'd meet someone else on here who's actually done that.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:31 PM

When you grow up in the country, some things are just a given...Hawks and foxes are shot because they get the chickens, rabbits, quail, etc...And a stray dog, or cat won't make it long either, just not tolerated...

Ditto on that most city folks will never understand even if the hunt.

Deuteronomy 12:15-16
Nevertheless, you may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the Lord your God gives you. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat it. But you must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

My younger brother was given a pet goose by one of the "field hands" that worked for us...Dang goose followed him around everywhere...Yep, we ate it for Easter, little brother was teed off...Dad told him to grow up, that's what animals were for, it's is the reason God put us over them...

we had a lot of pigs. I rode them all the time. I even put a corn cob on the end of a stick and they would chase it. Can anyone say "rodeo"?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Thats sad. I guarantee you, your priest would not see it like that. He might even ask you to go in the little box and get out your little neckless and start resighting things. But thats between you and him.

I get aggravated sometimes only seeing fawns and does. I sit there and talk to God and ask him, why I can't see more bucks. I pass and pass on doe after doe. Then sometimes it hits me like a rock. Ishould begrateful for what he puts before me. And every year, he has even put mature bucks before me.And I don't take that for granted fawn, doe or120" buck.

Howold are you black? Just curious.
45 when I talk to god I ask him for my freinds and familys health sorry kind of be embaressed ask my preist if it was alright to kill baby deer and if it was good in gods eyes.Heck I be embaressed to ask another hunter for that matter.Hey but they are easy to drag out don t get aggravated seeing fawns and does thats why bow hunting is so much fun and do yourself a favor save your prayer for your freindsand love one,s you will allways out smart your fawn.I got faith in ya go get em.

Quick Reply: Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.